No announcement yet.

Gardeners' World

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. I liked that. Am looking forward to seeing Adam Frost's development.

What did you think?
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

~ well can't comment at the mo - DH has recorded them for me, and I'm just waiting to get an opportune moment to sit and watch .......
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I've only recently started watching GW again for the first time since Geoff Hamilton's day, and was quite enjoying some of it, but now I'll definitely record it so I can skip all the bits I'm not interested in, which turns out to be most of it....
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          Yep. I liked that. Am looking forward to seeing Adam Frost's development.

What did you think?
          I think he is gearing up to be the next Gardener's World garden. Just seemed very like when Geoff started with Barnsdale.

Comment

I do like Adam Frost. He sounds knowledgeable and passionate about the subjectw without going all hyperbolic. A bit like Geoff used to.
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Pretty clear what the plan is, Adam will be taking over from Monty, he has a nice blank canvas to develop. They have mentioned several times that he learnt from Geoff the master, so that will link him to many peoples favourite era of GW. This is a way to test the water with a soft launch.

Comment

Can everyone in the whole nation not have a wee shot at the TV game.

Then we could all have such great houses with large beautiful gardens.

What a wonderful world that would be.
                Last edited by KevinM67; 05-09-2016, 02:39 PM.
                .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Oh, for all you 'poor' people out there - why don't you just shove a couple of flower plants in a bucket outside your front door, and 'voila !!!' ' - you're terribly common-looking place on 'that' estate will look bearingly better than the pauper"s place next door.

Meanwhile, we are in the process of using your licence fee to transfer our new host's vast acreage of abundant wonders, adjoined to his stunning house into a plethora of absolute gardening jizzyness.

Whilst dear viewers unbeknown to you - Longmeadow gets blitzed with weedkiller and Monty, with his dog(s) get taken to the same Vet and put to sleep.

We might even show you that somebody dares to grows a plant which may be remotely known as 'tropical' - in Sheffield of all places !!!

The whole programme is patronising nonsense and should have been binned long ago.
                  .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

Comment

Cheer up, Kevin. I thought those two ladies from Solihull were really nice. Although the ensuing piece on bunging £500 of plants and pots from the local garden centre onto the concrete at the front was indeed patronising nonsense.

Also I thought the Delphinium man's enthusiasm was touching, and multi-Chelsea-gold winning Adam Frost's challenge would be one I'd love to have but I'm interested in seeing how he goes about the task anyway.

The Sheffield Jungle would admittedly be more useful if the Giant Panda were no longer a protected species, but I was surprised to see what a lush, jungly effect is possible even up there in the frozen north. (That piece got me worried though, I've also planted a Eucalyptus pauciflora in my tiny garden on the basis that Wikipedia says it makes a small tree or large shrub. The Sheffield one was huge!).

I wish someone would bottle up Ms Klein (geddit? Klein bottle?), but overall I thought it was a pleasant enough hour of occasionally informative stuff.

Also, Mrs H watched it for the first time in years and enjoyed it too.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Sorry Martin - I didn't really want to rant, the programme doesn't really deserve it to be honest.

Maybe I was hoping for more with the 1 hour slot.

I don't want this to come across as bashing the BBC (they're always my first channels of choice), and I know previous threads have been closed discussing them.....but ...

The new show mirrors their breakfast news programme - magazine type little tit-bits, with no depth.
                      Delphiniums look nice, the guy growing appeared eager, yep the piece may spark your interest - but was there great info on sowing/growing them (especially for the 'poor people' living in the housing scheme -that could do with some colour in their dreary lives).

If you are going to focus on a particular plant/veg/theme - then why could the programme not suggest growing possibilities for all.

As I stated before - patronising nonsense, with no imagination. The 'poor people' get lumped with a few plug plants shoved in a bucket and made to come out of their front door with their eyes closed and expected to go WOW !!! - whilst their licence fee goes to support another TV Celeb's garden makeover.

I'm sticking to youtube.

Comment

Sorry Mods - is there a spoiler function that I can use ?

For those that have recorded it.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                          I'm sticking to youtube.
                          You obviously don't like GW so probably better for your blood pressure if you do

I'm looking forward to seeing what Adam Frost plans to do with his new garden

Comment

I don't watch GW. I'd rather spend my evenings with real gardeners - on here!
                            Its interactive, entertaining and I get to use my pointy stick
                            What more could a chicken want?

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                              You obviously don't like GW so probably better for your blood pressure if you do

I'm looking forward to seeing what Adam Frost plans to do with his new garden
                              Blood pressure is fine.

I'm looking forward to how GW plans out the 'poor couple's' mid-terrace dwelling. We were given tasters of plug plants in buckets - telly has been set to record for the next helping.

Scrapings (and possible seed saving) from Master's plate.

Comment

My DH recorded some episodes for me, and I flicked through them, mildly interested in some of the pretty flowers ~ names of which I'll never remember, which makes me feel a bit dumb.....The whole programme leaves me feeling rather like the poor relation, a bit upstairs-downstairs feel - gawping at how the 'other half live'. Cos I know we've all got GH's like Monty's with acres of land, pond the size of a small swimming pool and a beautiful old family 'cottage' ......

'A few snippets of mildly 'useful' info .......... (but as VC said - I get so much more out of this Vine than any GW programme ......)

All a bit 'coffee table magazine' style ~ all gloss and no substance .......great to absently browse through - with no depth ....

I shall probably dip in and out of it, probably ..... And there's always the 'off' button ...
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X