Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Story about a Little Shop at the end of the garden!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The little shop is very well stocked with salad and lettuce. Peas, carrots and broccoli will be available soon along with the first of the chillies.
    The little shop will very probably be closed next year due to a premises move ( fingers crossed ). So I've been trying to working out new stock and layout of new shop. Stock is so much easier to work out. Layout is making me very confused.

Comment

The fruit stall is getting new supplies of strawberries and raspberries in daily and they're flying off the shelves early morning .
      Courgette supplies are improving but the cucumber suppliers are having a summer break. May be back in stock in a couple of weeks.
      Some asparagus spears are available but at a high price because of their rarity value.
      There are some green chillies available (I think as I'm not sure when they're picked)..

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        The fruit stall is getting new supplies of strawberries and raspberries in daily and they're flying off the shelves early morning .
        Courgette supplies are improving but the cucumber suppliers are having a summer break. May be back in stock in a couple of weeks.
        Some asparagus spears are available but at a high price because of their rarity value.
        There are some green chillies available (I think as I'm not sure when they're picked)..
        Whilst most corner shops are closing down, yours appears to be thriving!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Some of my Fooled you jalapeño are ready, I'm going to pick my first one to have with my tea this evening . Thanks for the reminder VC, I'd forgotten to pick it earlier .

Comment

My shops doesn't seem to be stocking many strawberries most are eaten in the garden rather than sharing.
            There's plenty of supplies of lettuce so that's on the bargain aisle.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Apparently there will be potatoes on the shelves tomorrow,I’ve seen a few from this place & they’ve been small,I won’t complain to the shopkeeper she might ban me from the shop & then I don’t know what would happen,strawberries are the best seller this week as that’s all there is in the shop

Comment

Well my shopkeeper has ordered (sown) poorly this year and had little available even the salad supply’s dried up but at least the strawberry and raspberry supply’s have kept me going along with the salad potatoes.
                Salad order should soon be arriving I hope the shelves won’t be overstocked!!! Also soon to be in stock the first courgette of the year!!
                Last edited by Chrissyteacup; 11-07-2019, 11:20 AM. Reason: Forgot about the potatoes! How could I forget them!!!

Comment

Courgettes seem to be the main items lately they're restocked every time I walk past.

Comment

Well our little shop has massive supplies of lettuce and more has been ordered (sown) to prevent running out!!! Courgette and cucumber delivery’s have been steady (enough just for me as Mr coffeepot doesn’t like them!) first delivery of French beans in today with the promise of some runners beans soon! There may even be a sniff of some tomato ripening!! Carrots have had to be reordered as they are a no show!

Comment

Little shop is doing very well for peas, dwarf french beans, kale & potatoes. Chillies are starting to trickle into store. Unfortunately there are a few gaps on the shelves where cucumber, tomatoes & courgette should be. Must change supplies

Comment

My little Shop has DFBs on the shelves for the first time this year. Enough to keep up with demand but not enough to have to sell them off cheaply just to clear the stocks.
                        Apparently, the supplier's CFB crop failed and the DFBs were sent as an alternative item. They seem very popular as they fly off the shelves as soon as they arrive.
                        Courgettes are arriving daily and there are plenty of tomatoes in all shapes, sizes and colours.
                        There are no Salad leaves on sale although they are on order and should be arriving soon.

Comment

My little Shop has plenty of lettuce some coming up to its use by date, toms are always available so are courgettes, cucumbers, potatoes and peas. A few kale leaves and raspberries are available but are in short supply for now.

Comment

Our little shop has runner beans on offer. Got lots, they are flying off the shelves
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

Since I read this thread the other day, I’ve got much better at remembering to harvest stuff, (especially now when it’s not too inspiring to go outside in the rain). Shopping the garden is fun!
                              All at once I hear your voice
                              And time just slips away
                              Bonnie Raitt

Comment

My little shop is low on stocks, plenty of parsnips, Jerusalem artichokes, chard, lettuce and kale but that’s about it, then in a few weeks they’ll be more sprouts. As for fruit I’m relying on the freezer and some that I’ve dehydrated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X