new freezer

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new freezer

A couple of draws on the freezer have broken (probably stuffed with too many veg) so we contacted the insurance to see if they can replace them.

Nope they can't replace the draws. They're going to send out a new freezer _ slightly taller, slightly wider, slightly more capacity.

They've also asked if we want them to take away the old freezer or if we want to dispose of it ourselves. Think we'll go for the latter one.

Time to sort out space in the garage.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

even with broken draws,it will be a great standby for extras in the garage.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
      even with broken draws,it will be a great standby for extras in the garage.
      All I can say is gaffa tape and glue.

I don't think it'll get the chance to rest and be a stand-by with the amount of beans, kale, squash, etc. We were thinking of getting another freezer anyway so the decision has been made for us.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Excellent plan Jay-ell... couldnt have worked out better!

Comment

Especially when you consider that the "broken" is less than a year old.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Yay, another win.

We have my parants old small chest freezer in the garage. Its been there 10 years now and they had it for probably that long before me. So it's not rated as efficient by modern standards, but the fact that it hasn't been replaces twice in that time means it is still environmentally efficient.
            It does ice up around the top a lot and we were going to replace it this autumn anyway, but like Jay we shall probably keep it in the garage beside the new one for 'extra' storage.

Comment

Throw out the remaining drawers and lie it on its back................wallah, you have a chest freezer!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X