No announcement yet.

No googling this word! Promise me?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By dingos VC,you sure had us lot going,how crazy is that,never seen or heard of that one before,never mind about humouring you,thankyou for the entertainment
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I boiled the kettle for that bit of information....Thank goodness I hadn't poured a whisky I would have choked on it.

Thanks for that bit of info. VC why should it be destroyed? and why wait till ten past nine to post the answer
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Its a Strawberry fruit having babies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67232[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]67233[/ATTACH]

Its a condition called "phyllody" (Bill Oddie)

If you had said "phyllody" in the first place instead of all that vivi nonsense we would all have guessed it right away - glad I had an allotment committee meeting tonight so I was able to waste my time doing that instead keeping you occupied.
        Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Well, you had me fooled VC. I thought Bill Oddie was going to be Kill Body and it was some sort of alien parasitic creepy crawlie. Didn't predict a child-bearing strawberry.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            Thanks for that bit of info. VC why should it be destroyed? and why wait till ten past nine to post the answer
            I'm reading that the plant may continue to produce deformed fruit.

As for being late to post, blame Snadger for hogging the limelight

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I'm reading that the plant may continue to produce deformed fruit.

As for being late to post, blame Snadger for hogging the limelight
              Snadger - you have a lot to answer for
              Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

It's not a Chernobyl special variety is it?
                Never seen that before!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Here's one you saw earlier, Nicos

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ies_58973.html

Comment

VC your memory is amazing... I knew someone had posted this previously but I'd never have found it!

Comment

• i tie my hankie in a knot to remember things, vix - if only I could remember where my hankie is
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 28-07-2016, 10:14 PM. Reason: missing a w

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                        VC your memory is amazing... I knew someone had posted this previously but I'd never have found it!
                        VC is the ultimate boomerang - if you previously said something you wanted to forget or even just changed your mind you are in deep trouble - Leslie Welch had amnesia compared to her :-)

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Doh! I was so nearly right....
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Good grief gal....you must hang on my every word!

5 years ago!...tsk...I can't even remember what I go shopping for these days
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ...............just caught up with this from page 10 ............

Gotta say VC, you do know how to get us all obsessed and excited by dangling the carrot of an unusual word in front of us ...........

I have to admit to being everso slightly (actually completely underwhelmed.....!) disappointed in the answer ............ 'Spose you did warn us .........

I'm still thinking about giraffes in custard ......
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                                Yep! Totally agree there Vix, as I found out the other night! Proper "Switched on"

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
                                VC is the ultimate boomerang - if you previously said something you wanted to forget or even just changed your mind you are in deep trouble - Leslie Welch had amnesia compared to her :-)
                                Shen, very worrying! "Be afraid, very afraid" (Maybe you have to be mad to be a mod) Although the rest of the modding crew seem to be of "Sound Mind"

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Good grief gal....you must hang on my every word!

5 years ago!...tsk...I can't even remember what I go shopping for these days
                                Here Nicos! I've got to that stage when ya walk in a room n forgot what ya walked in there for!

Maybe that should have been posted on "The Know When Ya Getting Old" thread!

Right! Best go Gardening!
                                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X