I'm Free! - almost....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Free! - almost....

The severe tonsillitis I mentioned in minor rants late friday/ early Saturday got worse. Turned into septic tonsillitis - went to hospital Sunday morning and was admitted with high bacterial counts in my blood & dehydrated as I couldn't eat at all or drink enough.

Two nights later after iv fluids, 2 types of iv antibiotics, large amounts of painkillers & a handy anaesthetic mouthwash to help me eat, I'm going home!

Still have lots of antibiotics to take & have to rest but so pleased. Eldest child has been away visiting grandparents but youngest has been v confused where mummy is. Can't wait to see youngest & OH in a couple of hours & biggest in 2 days!

Who'd have thought tonsillitis could go so wrong so quickly?

Sorry, been rambling, I'll stop now I promise!
    Last edited by happyhumph; 26-07-2016, 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
    Another happy Nutter...

brilliant news, glad you're feeling better, bet you're looking forward to the cuddles!

Comment

Sorry to hear you were so unwell and glad youre on your way home now. I know how bad tonsilitis can be. Two of my children suffered the same way and were constantly missing school time. Eventually they both had their tonsils removed and that finished all the sore throats, visits to the doctor and constant courses of antibiotics.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Aww glad you are feeling better! That's must have been one heck of an infection there happy...bet you really are happy to be going home!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh my life what a shame, I suffered badly with tonsillitis many years ago as a child/young adult so I feel for you, you must have felt really miserable.

Glad you're getting to go home now.

Comment

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Comment

Glad you're on the mend HH.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Flippin' heck, HH...! You don't do things by half, do you..??!!

Glad you're on the road to recovery - you'll soon be pottering with your veggies soon...!
                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Thanks for all your posts everyone it cheers me up!

Well I'm home now, with a bag of drugs the size of a swag bag from a bank robbery.

Ever so tired but managed a walk down the bottom to look at the veg patch.

It's been warm & humid while I've been ill & wow! Someone has replaced my veg plants with triffids! Winter squash plants everywhere, including climbing through the boundary hedge. Courgettes turning into giants, French beans & mangetout ready. And as OH has been lovely & watered the greenhouse the cucs are now coveted in tiny cucs, & trying to escape in every direction!
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Glad to hear your home n feeling a tad better HH, now get ya feet up n rest! "Doctors Orders"
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Welcome home Mrs Humph Your garden sounds amazing........................ly jungly. All the best gardens are
                      Hope you feel 100% again soon

Comment

Very pleased you're on the mend.

Comment

Yes sir Dr. Deano

My garden might just be a tad jungley VC- the bird trying to nest in my greenhouse cucs would probably agree!

Picked a few things and that was enough, taming the rainforest will have to wait a while.....
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Take care and look after yourself,glad you are on the mend
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Awww HH , enjoy your family time again
                              Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X