No announcement yet.

Pokemon

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Therein lies the problem, how do you know that they might blunder into trouble trying to find virtual nothings ?! some kids are no more street wise today then when I was a kid, my brother ventured off aged three and was found on the crossing at our local railway station! no Pokemon, just usual kid curiosity.

chaz
    Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

Pokemon Go teens stuck in caves 100ft underground - BBC News

Comment

Well it's all a complete mystery to me ....................

Big son used to collect Pokemon cards when he was about 10 or 11 .... he's now 26 ......... can remember threatening to cut up his most treasured card one time for some misbehaviour, which I can't even remember now ....

Young son (14) smiles at me pityingly ........like he knows all ....... Hey!! I was around before you and flippin' Pokemon and all those gamey appy thingies......!!!!
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Hehe Susie . Nephew had the cards too..now 28
          This new thing, hmmm.
          Northern England.

Comment

Cards are worth cash if they've got them..
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

^^^^hahaha I doubt it , a wife and first child on the way
              Though he is money savvy ..ya never know
              Northern England.

Comment

Sorry but this always makes me think of a 'joke' (that requires a particular accent) about a student looking at an apartment & commenting .... 'It's a bit pokey mon' I was hoping for something a bit bigger.
                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Rubbish. I'll get your coat...
                  sigpic
                  1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

The past few days there have been loads of groups of young kids playing out on this app. Far more than normal and they've all been smiling and giggling away, looking like they're having a great time. It's great. Yes, as with everything, there can be dangers and / or downsides but they seem to be phenomenally outweighed by the positives. Not sure why an adult would do it without children but each of their own.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I'm a fan!

My teenage daughter has severe anxiety issues sadly and she can have quite bad panic attacks. She often struggles with social things and she's at home more often than not because of it. We have a dog who is a good friend for her indoors but he doesn't seem to make much difference for her anxiety outdoors.

Since she got this Pokemon app, she is much more engaged with life generally. She goes out more and I think because her phone is in her hand and she is focusing on something pretty much all the time she is out, it's helping her be less 'aware' of her anxiety. She's a nice, quiet, friendly type of girl but she always stays in the background because her lack of confidence holds her back. Now though, this app seems to be helping her feel more included and it's helped her bond more with other young people as they are all out there looking for the same thing and she often has kids she doesn't know coming up to her asking which Pokemon she got where so it's making her be more social without her even thinking about it too much.

I've gone from being a complete hater of all things electronic gaming, to a complete convert. In fact I've just changed her phone sim to one with more data so she can join in more.

All Hail The Pokemon!

Edit: I should also add that many landmarks/places of interest have been utilised in this app. This is supposed to encourage people to travel wider afield than the normal limited areas they tend to stick to on a daily basis and encourage other interests.

We ended up at a castle the other day and although we didn't have time then to visit it, we have already decided we will go back next week. We probably wouldn't even have thought about it if my daughter hadn't been guided that way to look for Pokemon.
                      Last edited by gardening_gal; 16-07-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X