No announcement yet.

100 years ago today....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched last nights and todays programmes on the centenary and hope that my tears give some solice to the dead.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

It's sobering to think that the boys we see bursting exuberantly out of a sixth form college's gates on a Friday afternoon would have been soldiers fighting and dying in mud and fear 100 years ago today.

It's so very sad.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

So working with my class yesterday, 3 times the population of our county town killed on day one.
        Cardiff just about empty by November 18 or just about three counties the size of Pembrokeshire empty.
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

I saw the tremendously powerful view of the "silent WW1 soldiers" around the country on TV and can't think of a better way to portray their courage, loyalty, dedication, and the ultimate sacrifice they gave for us during those awful times, nor can I get over how many were killed in that single day. Wars are so different now but no less dreadful, yet our people show the same commitment as those who went before them. I salute all those brave and wonderful people who fought for our country - every single one of them.
          I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

My granny lost two brothers in WW1 and her only son in WW2. Terrible. I thought the commemorations were lovely, but just so sad.
            The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X