No announcement yet.

Decided to call it a day

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto everything that has already been said Johnny. Really feel for you. I can only hope a way can be found to avoid this but if not then try consider what else you could do to keep growing things in a smaller scale or in different ways.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Jonny

I agree with everyone else - don't rush into a decision. Rushing can lead to regret, which can lead to resentment, which can lead to more arguments.

Make sure whatever decision you make is the right decision for you.

Comment

Wait a week Jonny, then think again about making a decision, when you have a little distance from whatever situation sparked the midnight decision.

If you still decide to give up the plot,as others have said, wait at least until the renewal date, maybe offer the use of it till then to another plot-holder, and ask around at the lottie to see if anyone there would be interested in buying your tunnel and shed. There's bound to be some who would jump at the opportunity.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Boring, but I agree with most of the suggestions. The plots yours til next renewal time whatever you decide, so take your time.
          It would be a shame to give it up considering your surname is theplantpot.
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I'd have to agree too. I know from your posts that you've put a massive amount of effort into your plot, far more than I've ever managed but I'd be gutted to feel that I'd wasted what I have done if I had to walk away from the plot.

Obviously I don't know the full story but perhaps you could look to plant up your plot differently? Fruit trees will more or less look after themselves if you can't get there regularly and there are other low maintenance things you could grow.

I just think you'd regret walking away after all you've invested in terms of time and effort (and probably a fair bit of cash too). At least wait until you've harvested this year's crops before you decide if you want to continue next year.
            Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are giving up. Like what everyone else says give it a week and see how you feel then. You have put so much work in and it would be such a shame for you to walk away from it all.
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jonny...Some good advice already given, so best of luck....
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

Very good advice above Jonny, remember, decide in haste, regret at leisure.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I agree with Mothhawk...
                    keep your plot til renewal so you can harvest what you've grown and in the meantime put the word out on site that you're selling up.

Give yourself the chance to end up with something at least for all your hard work!

If/when you do give up your plot....you're not thinking of leaving us as well are you?
                    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Jonny
                      Sorry to hear about your situation.

Can only echo the thoughts above. Would a change of growing style work as a compromise (e.g a move to fruit or perrenial veg which could survive with less attention and time)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Any update Jonny?

When it comes to disagreements, if someone is going to get hurt if 'you' back down, then stand firm as a rock!
                        For everything else, there is room for flexibility.

I don't know what this argument you mentioned is all about. Whatever it is, maybe they have a point? Either way, I'm sure a happy medium can be found.
                        Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                        Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

As Balders wife, Mrs Cadalot hates the allotment and the time it takes to look after my plots, and it has been the subject of some Ummm very heated discussion in the past. (and likely the future from time to time)

I point out that I could be down the pub every night or playing with women rather than mud. Slowly and I mean slowly she came around to the idea, and ended up using the gardening and allotment for gift ideas for birthday and Christmas. I've even managed to get another plot, which initially caused problems again but she is coming around slowly.

It takes time, I always remember my dad saying slowly slowly catch the monkey
                          Last edited by Cadalot; 26-06-2016, 06:31 AM.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Am really sorry you're at this point. Like others have said I hope you can negotiate not giving up. Non-gardening partners and family often resent the time spent away but if you're made to feel you have to give up something you love it also has consequences. I hope you can find a compromise that works for you and your family.

As for the sellable stuff, personally I would sell it on, either online or to the next tenant.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

It is very sad to read that you have come to this decision and hope things do work out.

The people/ person you argued with, do they know you have come to this decision. I only say because if it was me and my Hubby he would be pleased to hear it but he wouldn't let me go through with it. He would feel horrible/guilty if I gave it all because of him/argument.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Johnny. Lots of good advice on here that I can't add to except to say one more thing - are you sure that giving something up that you love so much is really a good idea? Can you do it without resentment? If not, it may not solve the situation and it may be better for all parties to find a compromise.
                                My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X