Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad But Very Irresponsible..................Grrr!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely think that the zoo was at fault.

For a child to be able to get into the enclosure is outrageous.
    For the zoo not to have another means of rescue (ie tranq gun or whatever) is unforgiveable.

As for the parents...I do not know one single parent who has not endured that gut wrenching moment when they blink and their toddler has disappeared from view. My youngest was like Houdini and could slip my hand and melt into a crowd nae bother.
    I do hope this is what happened here although I have often times seen stupid adults dangle children over safety barriers for a better view.

So I blame the zoo.
    For failing to secure the enclosure
    and for using a bullet instead of seeking a better solution.

And I bet that child never leaves his mothers sight again.
    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

"Witnesses claim that they heard the child state that he wished to go into the enclosure and was actively trying to breach the barriers.

"This should have prompted the parents to immediately remove the child from the vicinity. It is believed that the situation was caused by parental negligence and the zoo is not responsible for the child's injuries and possible trauma.
      Taken from .... Police investigating parents of boy who fell into gorilla enclosure at zoo after neglect complaints - Mirror Online
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I am sure that everybody in this tragic event is making money.

The parents from intervies who will sue the zoo...............

The zoo from intervies, insurance and maybe counter suing the parents.................

The news channels fo selling on the interviews...................

Good on them but..........

The death of an endangered creature will pay for all they want..............
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Whilst I agree these animals can be incredible gently there is also no doubt they can be terribly aggressive. This should never have happened but it did and it needed resolving as quickly as possible for the sake of the child.

(1) The child is 4 years old so obviously a total innocent.

(2) The zoo has a responsibility to ensure the barriers are fit for purpose so may have to share some of the responsibility for what happened, the truth of this will come out if and when we learn more.

(3) The parents were in charge of his safety and from reports knew he was trying to breech the enclosure and to my way of thinking there lays most of the blame. They should have been proactive in ensuring their child's safety.

(4) If I were the zoo keeper with the rifle I would have most certainly taken the shot. There would have been no warning shot as this may just have provoked a reaction from the animal. A shot to try and wound the animal would have been out of the question for the same reason. I would have done my very best to ensure instant incapacity and that means a head shot preferably to the cerebral cortex.
          I could not have lived with myself if my actions or lack of them had allowed and innocent child to be harmed or even killed.

Oh and I think gorilla's are absolutely wonderful and we should be doing more to protect them in the wild but to me gorilla or innocent child, it's a no brainer the child wins ever time..........
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

^^^^ Spot on & eloquently put
            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Nothing will convince me that they had to kill it, a warning shot or injury shot would have sent it running a mile.
              But what it wasn't
              I agree with most comments on this thread but as always human being is the top dog on this planet. Take the clown who jumped into the lion enclosure to commit suicide why did they shoot the lions because of the fear of a taste of human blood would make them savages.
              All zoo's in my opinion are a place of evil and any idiotic zoologist who says they are trying to protect the animal from extinct have wasted public money on there degrees.
              When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Update: The little boy has been released from hospital and has gone home
                Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
                Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X