No announcement yet.

Do you ladies wear make up for work?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been to the hairdressers twice in the past, umm 22 years. Oh well, I must have saved lots of money One of my friends virtually disowned me when she discovered that I was not having my hair done at the hairdressers for my wedding and was not wearing white, she couldn't handle it at all. It was all too unconventional for her I'm afraid.
    The best things in life are not things.

Comment

• you would scare me too, SaraJH but I think I would recognise you, so the object of the make-up and dressing would work
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison View Post
        I think I'm one of those people who look a bit funny at anybody in heels but in my case it's more of a "why would anybody choose to contort their feet like that?". People can walk and move so much better and more naturally in flats or small wedges - actually on the one occaision I tried to put a pair of heels on I found it uncomfortable to even stand in them so movement wasn't an option . I assume you get accustomed to the pain but glad I've not put myself through that.

Sorry Susie, just realised I've picked on a few of your posts, not meant to be aimed just at you although this post is making me think about things I never normally think about!
        That's not a problem to me Alison - each to their own any ways!!!
        Gosh, you make me feel like I'm this super-high maintenance chick - but if you were to ask DH - he'd not agree .... My birthday list includes : organic slug repellant, bean frame, seaweed extract .... and none of it to be used on me but by me .....!!!
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• I always wore heels on nights out, completed the outfit and and how I felt, kinda carried myself better. Much better than now in trainers all the time or boots.
          Northern England.

Comment

• My late OH didn't know what to get me for my birthday. He didn't usually ask an it was normally perfume or jewellery, both very welcome. About 3 years before he died he said he didn't know what to get me and what did I really want. I asked for grobags, trays to put them in and plants.

That is exactly what I got. I was chuffed to bits. We'd had a temporary, lean to, conservatory built to house a washing machine, dryer and extra kitchen space. The other side was perfect for growing. And I used it until 3 years ago when my NFH decided to illegally put a 6' fence up against it.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh Ive got tomalways use moisturiser, every day a few times a day. Not that im scaly but I just dont like the tight feeling of dry skin.

I gave up prfume for a bit as I refused to pay £60 a bottle but now I get it bought for me I love my Posion Dior, but I do need to find something cheaper and lighter for work, I quite like the little black dress from avon so might give that a bash.

I used to wear heels every day the higher the better for me but now that I dont wear them often I feel like bambi when I do wear them.
              If you want to view paradise
              Simply look around and view it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                I used to wear heels every day the higher the better for me but now that I dont wear them often I feel like bambi when I do wear them.
                That's one of the main reasons I don't like them, as soon as people put them on they walk differently and less freely. I like being able to stride out rather than teeter (is that how you spell that?!?). Mind you, I don't need to make myself taller as I'm naturally taller than most people so never had that driver.

Re moisturiser, many years ago I used to use a quite expensive cleanser, toner and moisturiser combination. Was great for a couple of years but gradually my skin got drier and drier and I was having to use extra products to stop flaking (I know, yuk!). Eventually I simplified my routine to natural products which were more gentle on my skin (H£ll£nd & B£rr@t are probably the best bet in the High Street but I also starting making my own Cold Processed soaps so I could control ingredients (dead cheap too ). The natural oils quickly rebalanced and I need about a quarter of the moisturiser I was using.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X