X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacking people

I am absolutely bloody seething.
    My OH tomorrow has to tell 2 people that he is sacking them.

He's not even their bloody manager but their line manager is too spineless to do it himself and he has asked my husband to,what the Feck.

Hubby tonight has been veery very sad, I just wish that this could be changed.

[

If it isn't hubbys job he has no obligation to do it. Tell him no ,
    Northern England.

Comment

And your OH is too spineless to say 'sod off' to his line manager, who's job it is?

Obviously we are not (and should not be) privy to the circumstances of this, but 'letting someone go'/'making redundant'/'sacking' which are all subject to a myriad of niceties and procedures - by law. Be *very sure* that your OH has followed the legal route in order for his company not to be had up under a tribunal.

PS Obvs if the two peeps involved have been there only five minutes and they are cr@p at their job, you can wave a wand and let them go back to the pit from whens't they came (but why were they hired in the first place?); and in this case, yes, your OH's boss is spineless weed who has been over-promoted as he cannot perform per his job-spec. Hmmm.

Comment

I just hope that nobody who works with your OH is a member or guest on this forum

Comment

your OH's company should have policies and procedures for dismissal - he should check them out before he agrees to anything.

Usually HR would be involved if the company is big enough to warrant an HR department - if they have one he should check with them and ask if it is the norm for the line manager to pass it on to someone else.

Sacking someone is a big thing so not only should there be a reason there should also be evidence and a paper trail (e.g. p.i.p.s, supervision notes, appraisals, warning notices etc) without these it could be tribunal time.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Your OH needs to make sure all legal aspects of terminating employment have been followed before he steps into that zone.
            As Jay-ell and Hazel say, there are procedures which need to be stricktly adhered to.

As we can't give legal advice on this forum , I'm going to have to close this thread.

Never a nice job to sack people, no wonder he is sad.....he has our sympathies.
            Last edited by Nicos; 13-05-2016, 03:20 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X