Shooting Stars Alert! Tonight!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Stars Alert! Tonight!!

SHOOTING STARS ALERT! Please share with all your friends and family. The Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower is set to light up the skies across Britain and Ireland tonight with clear skies expected in many areas. These shooting stars are formed from debris shed by Halley's comet, should be visible tonight with clear skies expected over much of the UK. Between 10 and 20 per hour should be possible to spot from Britain.
    Halley's comet produces two meteor showers, the Eta Aquarids and the Orionids, which are visible in October, and the best time to see them is just before dawn from a dark location in the countryside. Check your viewing prospects here: Metcheck.com - Space Weather - Dates for important upcoming astronomical events and latest cloud cover forecasts.

Let's hope my NFH doesn't leave his "barn" lights on all night.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

So let me get this right you VC..........

You want me, that is Potty to get up before dawn drive to the countryside, find a dark spot all in the hope of getting to see a meteor.

Guess where I will be just before dawn but thanks for the heads up but I think I will pass on this one.
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I expect I'll be in the Land of Nod too, Potty but there may be some insomniacs on here - you know the ones, who post in the early hours

Comment

Historically....I think I'm most likely to be awake!
          Bet yr boots though that I'll oversleep tomorrow!

Thanks for the heads up ....I'd no idea this was happening.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

And yep...I've been looking to the East for a while but the sky has been hazy.
            Typical!

Lovely pre-sunrise now though with glowing pink clouds!
            Worth waking up to see that!

Apparently the meteors are at a peak today but should be visible for a few more days....so I'll try again during the week.
            Thanks VC
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Before dawn whilst it is still dark

Ok I checked when sunrise was (5.23am) I am usually up at 5.30am - nevermind

Edit: just checked with Hubby and I would have needed to be up at 4.30 am
              Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 06-05-2016, 05:19 AM.

Comment

For a moment when I read the thread title the thought flashed (well staggered) through my brain of a new TV programme where people were given the chance to shoot all those annoying G list celebs that have been created.

Now that I might have got out of bed for!
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X