No announcement yet.

Gardeners world or beechgrove

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the dogs on GW (and Montys soothing tone) but if I had to pick one or the other it would be beechgrove!

Comment

I'm a Beechgrove gal me self. It does make me laugh sometimes.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I enjoy both but Beechgrove for me, do love the doggies on Gw though, Having said that it only makes me more frustrated with my own mad mutt for not behaving as well as Nigel 

Comment

I like Beechgrove. Unlike GW, they don't assume you have a minimum space of at least an acre and a half, plus 3 or more greenhouses, 2+ compost bins, a potting shed, and quite possibly, room for a pony.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Beechgrove every time for me. I like Monty Don and Carol Kline but GW seems to be just a continual string of tedious Latin plant names. The gardeners I know don't actually talk like that.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I also love Beechgrove because me and OH giggle every time Carole rrrrrrrrolls her rrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

Comment

I Love Both!

I don't do "Telly" Full stop!

But love to "Kick Back" With a Coffee on a Sunday Morning n have a catch up if not my weekend in!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

There's alaways one

Gardeners world for me, mind you I only watch it for monty.I look for anything he is in I could listen to him all day. Mind you I dont like the art/poetry stuff he likes, might come with age though
                  If you want to view paradise
                  Simply look around and view it.

Comment

I watch GW for Monty but I really find Carol's method of presenting very irritating and unfortunately the over-emphasis of nearly every word really grates on me. She knows her stuff but I can't stand listening to her.

Learn a lot more from Beechgrove and I like all the presenters on that.

There are not enough gardening programs on TV. I think there should be a lot more.
                    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Gardeners world for me too , i must admit ive never heard of beechgrove looking at all of you who prefer this im guessing ive been missing out
                      If i have a thousand ideas and only one turns out good,i am satisfied.- Alfred Nobel

Comment

I like both. Have seen Monty giving a talk and he was very entertaining. He talked about what got him into gardening, and I knew exactly what he meant. Beechgrove is very informative, more like GW when Geoff Hamilton was alive. The only thing about Beechgrove is, because their season is so behind mine, being so far south, often they are doing things I've already done.

Comment

Originally posted by Vickilou View Post
                          I enjoy both but Beechgrove for me, do love the doggies on Gw though, Having said that it only makes me more frustrated with my own mad mutt for not behaving as well as Nigel 
                          Yes mine needs some training
                          Northern England.

Comment

Never heard of Beechgrove before. Watched some of their clips on website, very interesting. Am going to download programmes as not broadcast down here.
                            I get fed up with GW being displaced by sports.
                            Anyone listen to Gardeners' Question Time? I don't think it is as good as it used to be years ago.
                            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I like the auld knowledgeable guy on Beechgrove. He talks a lot of sense and the climate is similar to my area so its a snapshot of what's happening round ere as well!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by DannyK View Post
                                Never heard of Beechgrove before. Watched some of their clips on website, very interesting. Am going to download programmes as not broadcast down here.
                                Have you checked BBC2 on a Sunday morning? 7.30 I think.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X