No announcement yet.

Stupidly over-excited adult, first year of growing veg

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poor neightbours hear me singing to my chooks first thing...
    Chick, chick, chick, chick, chickennnnn
    Lay a little egg for meeeeeeee
    Chick, chick, chick, chick chickennnnnn
    I want one for my teeeeeeeeee

Then to the greenhouse with a 'hello my lovlies' in a broad (but totally fake) West country accent followed by hearty congratulations for any new leaves....and a conversation (still in a funny accent) of what they'd like for breakfast "so who's for growmore and who'd like a nice drop of nettle tea then?"

A little bit of digging and admonishments for slugs...
    Then I sadly explain to the weeds that they cannot stay,

Before chucking them into the chicken run with my world famous Bok Bokking chicken impression.

My daughter is routinely mortified
    http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Thank the gods it not just me .
      I'm always talking to my plants. More than I do to the other half most days

Comment

And by the way first year of growing or not you never stop getting excited about your seeds germinating or plant growing. Wait for the hysteria when you find your first fruit has set

Comment

You have to talk to your plants,they are living growing things,peeps can whisper to animals,so why not plants,we get pleasure nurturing them,and they get pleasure from being looked after,win,win,win,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

had such a laugh reading all this ..... Muddled great chicken singing.
            I always check my babies on a morning , first thing before my coffee
            I think I need to talk to them more going by you lot though
            Northern England.

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
              My poor neightbours hear me singing to my chooks first thing...
              Chick, chick, chick, chick, chickennnnn
              Lay a little egg for meeeeeeee
              Chick, chick, chick, chick chickennnnnn
              I want one for my teeeeeeeeee

Then to the greenhouse with a 'hello my lovlies' in a broad (but totally fake) West country accent followed by hearty congratulations for any new leaves....and a conversation (still in a funny accent) of what they'd like for breakfast "so who's for growmore and who'd like a nice drop of nettle tea then?"

A little bit of digging and admonishments for slugs...
              Then I sadly explain to the weeds that they cannot stay,

Before chucking them into the chicken run with my world famous Bok Bokking chicken impression.

My daughter is routinely mortified
              Pahaha that's hilarious, and it's a routine that I'm going to steal from you

Comment

Once I have finished this glass of wine I shall drop by the toms and wish them sweet dreams, I'll also nip over to my seeds sown today and whisper (they have very sensitive hearing) to them to keep warm and keep going!

I'll even blow them a kiss

Comment

Originally posted by SaraJH View Post
                  So, my teeny tiny tomato seedlings are now growing their true leaves.

I am ridiculously excited about this, I have never seen such teeny tiny 'proper looking' tomato leaves. They are so beautiful (to me.....)

Every time I go to the kitchen I have to sneak a peak and take a photo lol

Right, I've got that off my chest, I shall now grab my coat
                  You can't ever be over excited about growing vegetables. Keep it up

Comment

I have been singing 'Grow for Me' to my as yet ungerminated seedlings. Thinking on it, with my voice it may have the opposite effect.

Comment

I am so glad it is not just me as I was beginning to wonder whether I was beginning to suffer from some kind delusional problems.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Checking my seedling is the first and last thing I do every day plus a few other times during the day
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I love this

Checking my seedlings (inc the ungerminated ones) is the first thing I do on a morning, the first thing I do when I get home and the last thing I do before bed - usually with some added extras where I get the opportunity!

You never know when something might have changed...!
                          Last edited by vixylix; 18-04-2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

The number of times I've counted my leek seedlings is beyond belief! And I mourned the missing tops off my newly germinated brassicas this morning, nipped off in the night by a tiny snail by the look of the trail of goo. Mr Snoop was decent enough to commiserate.

Anyway, I reckon the promise contained in those new leaves is a proper source of joy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X