Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yipppeeee...1st BBQ of the year lit and raring to go!....
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Well, what a gorgeous day.
      Half a row of runners planted, tomatoes armpitted and tied to their stakes.
      All potato buckets/bins/bags are now earthed up to the top.
      In 10 days time I will be actually sowing seeds properly, I am so looking forward to filling my windowsills
      Please see rant thread, I am feeling rather sorry for myself
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Hope you don't feel too bad NS!
        sigpic

Comment

• Evening I've spent the whole day outdoors mostly planting out stuff and lugging soil/compost around the garden. All i need do now is to erect the brassica cage then I'm about up to day what I can do for now.
          Forgot to say those lettuce I panted yesterday were fine no slug damage yet, but I always feel like I've abandoned my plants once they're out in the beds. Its not just me that thinks that is it
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-05-2016, 05:43 PM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Very cool toes NannySally - enjoy your holiday

Been out shopping all day but as usual got nothing for myself. Daughter is going through another growth spurt so had to get her some new clothes.

Come back and my seedlings looked like they'd been fried on the windowsill Erm hope I haven't killed them all off. I'm totally useless with indoor plants. Sooner I get them outside the better methinks but then that's another battle with slugs, snails, beetles and all sorts of critters. It's a miracle getting anything from seed to dinner table lol.

Lovely and sunny. Long may it last. Have a great evening all
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Managed to weed & turn over 3 beds this morning, had a nap then gave the hedges their first cut of the year............I could have murdered a pint if I didn't drink.............
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Just quickly popping into to say good evening grapes x

wish i had time to catch up but so busy
                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• ^^^^ Sweet dreams Lisa xx
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 04-05-2016, 08:10 PM.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Pre-Mornin n'all

I've just been woken by a cuckoo directly outside the bedroom window!
                    That's a first!

Tis flippin noisy out there with the dawn chorus....

As it's a Bank Holiday here today , I'm going to try and get some more beauty sleep

See ya later:
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Snooze on Nicos Morning All Have a good day Sun is shining here so winter coat abandoned for the moment.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• BTW it was Big Bang sarcasm yesterday - BAZINGA
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Bonjour (to mark Nico's bank holiday). Kind of hazy sky here ce matin. Rain due to begin later, carrying on till well into next week. So I won't be doing much weather reporting for the next few days.

One of Mr Snoop's two phrases of school French is: Le père est dans le jardin potager. Il coup les choux, dont il ést très fier. Me too, I'd be very proud to pick a cauliflower today. By the way, what are they celebrating in Normandy, Nicos? Can't be Labour Day, surely?

One of the dogs is in a good mood. She's been digging. I don't like to spoil her jollity by going and checking which potato bed she's been rummaging through. But I'll have to and then it'll be big-time telling-off. But nobody will be pleased because she'll have to pretend she's mortified when we both know in her head she'll be going "So what?"

Comment

• Morning all, what a lovely morning it is as well.
                            I am now boasting a nasty black eye to add to my troubles this morning. The eye is nearly closing.
                            Bigger sunglasses needed obviously ......
                            I feel like a right plum actually, and still a tad sorry for myself
                            Have a lovely day everyone, doesn't this bright weather make a difference to us?
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all
                              I can see sun shine! I don't expect it to last. Hope to play in the garden but I said that yesterday and all went pear shaped so we will see.
                              Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning, it's Sunny! again! Temperature set to reach 18! Will pot up a few more of the 'large tomato plants' and put in final position., ( that means carrying up 4 flights of stairs to top balcony). The others are small still, so can carry on growing in protection until they are a bit bigger.

Have a good gardening day everyone
                                DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X