No announcement yet.

It's a Challenging Year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your health is what's most important & not having to go back to hospital! Take it easy on the allotment,buying a few plants this year is a good idea,it would give you time to slowly do other things,there's still loads of time to plan & seed potatoes on the shelves.

Comment

Piggin Ell SJ you certainly know how to party don't you!

Like the others have said sort out more seeds as and when and then do what I do sneak off to the garden centre and buy some plants.

Take it easy on the shoulder though because if its your rotator cuff that is kernickered it can be a slow process to heal.

I suppose your OH must be a champion grape peeler by now.

X
      Last edited by Lumpy; 04-04-2016, 10:50 AM.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Glad you're on the mend Jon. Seeds sown now will soon catch up with cossetted ones sown in March, I find, which is why like others with no GH I don't bother starting seeds till end of March beginning of April. First harvest may be a week or two later, but not much difference.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

So sorry for you, you have been in the wars. Hopefully all that is behind you now. Just concentrate on getting well, and plan your seeds for now. They will soon catch up
          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Bad run of luck John..hopefully things are moving in a positive way for you now...
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
              Piggin Ell SJ you certainly know how to party don't you!

Like the others have said sort out more seeds as and when and then do what I do sneak off to the garden centre and buy some plants.

Take it easy on the shoulder though because if its your rotator cuff that is kernickered it can be a slow process to heal.

I suppose your OH must be a champion grape peeler by now.

X
              Yup rotator cuff it is
              My employers have been really supportive for such a large business and HR department have gone all out to create an alternative role for me in the business, which has scuppered my excuses for early retirement lol. Nice to feel wanted though I suppose.
              The Malaria bout took me totally by surprise - its over 15 years since my last attack, so was thinking it had given up on me.
              My wife peeling grapes? She just tells me to snap out of it and sort myself out lol.
              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
                My wife peeling grapes? She just tells me to snap out of it and sort myself out lol.
                Exactly how it should be

Comment

Sometimes if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

Just for the record I've killed some of my germinations, they were in the house, and so was I!

If someone at home has the time and inclination, laying some cardboard (weighed down with clods of earth) on the beds will keep it weed free and ready to sow in when the time comes. For heavens sake don't go hurting yourself trying to cultivate in a rush, just plant into whats there it will grow anyway.

Comment

I've already decided that its going to be a no-dig year. I also got another polytunnel at xmas, which will probably stay packed up in the workshop til next year.
                    I'm going to scale back a bit this season and just enjoy what I'm comfortable with.
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Has anybody whispered M.F.B's into your ear Jon? It's amazing what you can do with a bucket!
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Very best of luck Jon mate, you deserve it after what you've gone through!
                        The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X