Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you all disguise retailer names in your posts?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The likes of T@sco are empires for the bad of mankind and as such I see them as a swear word and therefore I don't want to subject others to their name

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Genuine question Sarah .... also goooogle ( notice my spelling of it) picks up on the name and will throw adverts at you in the sidebar etc...and none of us want to encourage that do we????

Basically,certain words attract spammers or advertisers...if they become excessive then we mods ask admin to block them...hence the **** which sometimes appear.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I swear like trooper, but I can control my voluntary Tourette's while typing
        I disguise things like gooooogle, tesc@ & beQ because those f**#~*# b*$%#*#$ don't deserve free advertising from me

Comment

This is really interesting as well as being quite funny
          I never knew it was giving advertising to these big boys, i´ve never bothered altering before. Just thought it was a game like flebay, will do now though
          I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
            I swear like trooper, but I can control my voluntary Tourette's while typing
            I claim to have voluntary tourettes too

I love this thread - its cheered me right up on an otherwise rubbish day!

Comment

I could go all pedantic and explain how it works, but mentioning (or searching for) a company or product on t'internet will flag it up with your IP address and show your interest. Which means that advertising will target you on any site that you use that uses advertising to help fund it.

If that makes sense!
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

hadnt even noticed this!
                B&Q
                homebase
                lidl
                aldi

Comment

Have you read the thread celia?
                  Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                    I could go all pedantic and explain how it works, but mentioning (or searching for) a company or product on t'internet will flag it up with your IP address and show your interest. Which means that advertising will target you on any site that you use that uses advertising to help fund it.

If that makes sense!
                    This is going to happen on all sites. If I look at a product on a site, I will see it advertised on the next site I go to, I just mostly ignore it. The thing I don't understand is the adverts for the Asian or Russian women, I don't remember searching for them
                    Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

I keep getting a lot of ads for some expensive indoor / outdoor slippers at the moment. Certainly not been looking for slippers as that would mean my mum didn't have anything to buy me for Christmas

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
                        The thing I don't understand is the adverts for the Asian or Russian women, I don't remember searching for them
                        Me neither!

Comment

I have a related question... why do people say hoss muck instead of horse - is horse a naughty word?!

Comment

No, but "muck" is a dirty word

Comment

This is going to happen on all sites. If I look at a product on a site, I will see it advertised on the next site I go to, I just mostly ignore it. The thing I don't understand is the adverts for the Asian or Russian women, I don't remember searching for them
                              Neither do I ..... A lot of adverts are still totally random. I am still getting my old website appearing on other sites even though it has been dead for 2 years.
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

The thing I don't understand is the adverts for the Asian or Russian women, I don't remember searching for them
                                Actually- no one should be getting dating sites anymore on the Vine.
                                It's one of the many things going on behind the scenes that we mods managed to get blocked about 4 weeks ago.
                                If anyone is still getting them please will you let us know so we can sort it out?

Ta.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X