Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking forward to...................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the smell of the tomato plants when you are in amongst them picking the sideshoots off

Comment

Bed! !!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        Hopefully..............feeling warm outside in some sun!

Home grown toms are great, but what I most love are the first runner beans! Blissful
        Me too Thelma, it's always a special dinner celebrating the first ones
        Nannys make memories

Comment

Everywhere looking green and leafy instead of bare and earthy, and yes, the first runner beans, still as yet sleeping in their packet
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Cooler weather so I don't have to restart all my winter plants. Even though the days are now getting shorter, they're starting to get leggy from the continued warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by lolie View Post
              Cooler weather so I don't have to restart all my winter plants. Even though the days are now getting shorter, they're starting to get leggy from the continued warmth.
              Jeez, was well confused for a second

Toms, a huge variety of newly tried toms from the mega seed swap right here, cant wait and Wales winning the European championship
              Im 52 and this is my first tournament that Wales have qualified for............sooooooooooo exited.

Comment

4 days off work! This weekend!

A full veg plot - May

Sunshine who knows?!

A bigger garden!! Next year

Comment

I am looking forward to
                  Warmer weather
                  All the friendly bugs appearing like lady birds and bees appearing
                  Getting my spuds then beans planted
                  Growing some different types of veg this year like spaghetti squash and pumpkins again
                  Using my own home grown stuff to try some recipes from HFW Veg book
                  Trying to pickle some of my own stuff this year.
                  sigpic

Comment

Going home tomorrow
                    Getting plants out of the house ( when it's warmer)
                    Getting the ground planted up. ( as above)
                    Harvesting the first crop ( what ever it my be)
                    Having my first fully home grown meal of the year.

Comment

In the short term having sorted out the jungle of weeds in the flowerbeds and edge patches , and seeing the hedgerows and fields green up...speckled with blushes of Spring blossom.

Longer term- the first strawberry flowers, the first growth of French beans and spuds emerging from the bare earth.
                      Sun on my back and not needing to worry about the last frost date!

This year I'm hoping to spend more time sitting outdoors in the evenings as my OH ( with a bit of help from me ) is creating a new seating area away from the house .
                      Can't wait to get started properly on it but there are more pressing jobs to get on with first.
                      Yep- that's what I'm mostly looking forward to this coming summer!
                      I should take piccies shouldn't I ?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Radish, Tatties and Carrots but in no particular order.

On a serious point our garden still looks horribly un natural as none of the plants and trees etc have grown yet. So it is a sea of empty raised beds, shingle, fake grass and bald tiny trees so..............I am looking forward to it all bursting into life and looking less 'organised'
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Our first asparagus - it has taken five years, yes FIVE, for the crowns to produce anything but the smallest and most spindly growth. But this year there are fat shoots a plenty pushing through
                          Get the pan on to boil and the butter melting ...

And then of course the first strawberries and tomatoes.
                          Last edited by PyreneesPlot; 24-03-2016, 11:38 AM. Reason: forgot the straws and toms in a frenzy of asparagusness
                          Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            .... the first growth of French beans ....
                            I'm really curious, Nicos, what do the French call French beans?
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                              I'm really curious, Nicos, what do the French call French beans?

Haricots Verts...............
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                Haricots Verts...............
                                Oh, green beans.

Makes sense really
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse