What a month

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a month

As you know I had quite a long time away from the vine and then came back. Love being back, but then February came... Got a call - my grandma had a massive stroke and died. Whizzed off to Devon for her funeral. Awful but lovely to get together with family to remember how kind funny and wacky she was. While I was there I got an out of the blue call offering me a job. Unsure whether to take it, but then got the news that the landlord who owns our shop is selling up! So I,my husband and son will be jobless. Also my daughter does a couple of shifts too as she's at college. So, no more shop for us once it sells could be a few months could take years. Uncertain times. So, I went for the interview and got the job, working for an auction company. Very busy, mind tiring job, but very interesting. Then my Dad phones, he's had a small stroke (he's had quite a few) but I'm not to worry he's ok. Then got a letter from the council saying there has been a mistake with my rent and I owe them loads, can I pay it Asap?! Er, no! So presently I'm working five days at my new job, two nights in the shop until it sells, hopefully it'll go soon as I'm knackered! What a month. Only thing keeping me sane is the little pots of seedlings on my windowsills and the prospect of summer on the horizon
    You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Crumbs! And 2016 has only just started. It's funny how you can be muddling along when there's a series of life changing events. Sounds like you've had your three for now. Glad to hear you've secured a job. One less thing to worry about!

Comment

Gees Ancee!.............Makes my lifestyle seem like heaven.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I feel for you ancee. It's always hard when life turns on its head.

Comment

Keep smiling, Ancee, it can only get better x

Comment

It always seems to happen like that, doesn't it?
            Never rains but it pours scenario...
            Hope you get on top of things Ancee...
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Ancee, I sincerely hope that your life returns to some sort of 'normality' in the shortest possible time
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Good grief!
                Well...we're here when you need to touch base for a bit of sanity

As the others say...it can only get better...hopefully in the direction you'd like it to go.
                Sorry about your loss too x
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Oh wow, that's some run of bad news(hugs) just try to remember things will get better, like my Mam says it'll all come out in the wash, meaning things will get better xx sorry about you grandma, mine will be 98 on the 31st of this month and she means the world to me, take care and enjoy Spring, its definitely coming xx

Comment

Life's like that, you never know what's round the next corner, I hope things will settle down for you soon. Lucky summer's on the way!
                    The best things in life are not things.

Comment

It is nice to sit back and have a rant on here we will listen and feel for you. Spring is here and think of the garden
                      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to read you're having a squiffy month. Sounds rather hectic! Hopefully you'll get back to some sort of normality soon, but I disagree that you'll find sanity, here... ;-)

Comment

Ah thanks for all of your kind thoughts and words guys. Sorry to be the miserable one at the party! I really don't want to be the one you all say "sigh,here she comes again with her problems" !! Just had a pounding these last few weeks, surely things will get better. On the plus side we have our health hey?! Also, I'm really enjoying my new job, really interesting, so that's good. And the dog is well too
                          You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X