Cooking for work, do you do it?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking for work, do you do it?

I have started taking stuff in for work, lemon pies etc. We all work hard and I like seeing people eat and be happy.

Do you guys do it?

Whats your fave type of cake/pie?
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

I used to at one place I worked as it was mainly blokes who were lovely and enjoyed homemade cooking which used to make it feel worth doing it. I have done things a couple of times for Hubby for work but it has only been around christmas and macmillan morning.

Some of my fav cakes are lemon and lime drizzle, orange drizzle, choc courgette, spiced courgette, carrot cake and low sugar tea cake (thanks to help from Scarlet on another thread)

Comment

I try and take a cake in to work every Monday
      The favourite is a fruit cake
      Gives me great pleasure to do it as well
      Nannys make memories

Comment

I quite like carrot cake. My mom make a good tea loaf. But my favourite thing is lemon meringue pie with custard on.
        sigpic

Comment

Never done this although every job i have had worked in, is in hospitality and there was always chefs on hand Although when we worked with my dad on refurbishing properties i would often bring lunch and the odd apple pie (mini) or cookies/biscuits to have at tea break.
          I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

I love cooking for people, and people seem to like home made stuff better than shop bought. Its the first time I have done it for a work place and I love seeing them happy to eat it. I usually make two of the same thing at the same time and test it out on the bf first haha.
            If you want to view paradise
            Simply look around and view it.

Comment

We both work from home and have done since the kids were born though the kids take cake into school/ school fetes and rugby do's
              Chocolate cake is by far the most asked for from the younger generation. As the kids have grown up the boys have said "can so and so have a chocolate brownie for his birthday" I've list count if how many cakes they've taken into school at Christmas a friend text me to ask for THE brownie recipe as her boy had come home from Uni and he wanted Scarlet's Brownie Me? I'd go for Delia's sticky toffee and pecan puddings then it's welsh cakes with home made jam

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                We both work from home and have done since the kids were born though the kids take cake into school/ school fetes and rugby do's
                Chocolate cake is by far the most asked for from the younger generation. As the kids have grown up the boys have said "can so and so have a chocolate brownie for his birthday" I've list count if how many cakes they've taken into school at Christmas a friend text me to ask for THE brownie recipe as her boy had come home from Uni and he wanted Scarlet's Brownie Me? I'd go for Delia's sticky toffee and pecan puddings then it's welsh cakes with home made jam
                Scarlet is your brownie the proper one? crunchy on the outside, squidey in the middle with the cracked top - if so may I have the recipe please - pretty please Have tried sooo many and still not found one, have had some lovely results though

Comment

I've tried dozens too! Some with just G&B chocolate etc but this is simple and works every time. Yes, cracked and crispy on the top and sticky in the middle. Also keeps well, though I use an Aga so you may need to change timings..

6oz plain flour
                  Good pinch salt
                  2oz cocoa powder
                  1lb Sugar (mix these in a bowl with a ballon whisk)
                  Add,
                  7 and a 1/4oz of melted butter
                  4 beaten eggs
                  Good teaspoon vanilla
                  (Mix but don't over do it - I use a wooden spoon)
                  100g of G&B choc - chopped up well - Though choc drops work well.

Spoon into a foil lined tray about a4 size. You don't want too thick a cake.

Cook for 180 -approx 25mins.

Comment

TY. Hopefully will have a bash tomorrow

Comment

I used to take cakes in when I worked in a day centre for the elderly.

There's a lot of goodness in a home baked cake and some older people live on mass produced, overcooked cheap sludge in homes. It's no wonder their appetites diminish!

So I would take in a selection; coconut macaroons, bread puddin, fruit scones and jam tarts (with proper homemade jam). I always did a plain vanilla sponge in a loaf tin as well because I don't think I ever met a pensioner that didn't like a slice of white cake.
                      http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I made a two dozen jam tarts with homemade raspberry Jam on Saturday. OH said I'll have one of those later none left when we got home

Comment

I also take homemade jams, curds and marmalade into work for volunteers to take
                          Not long and it will be homemade bread .....
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            I've tried dozens too! Some with just G&B chocolate etc but this is simple and works every time. Yes, cracked and crispy on the top and sticky in the middle. Also keeps well, though I use an Aga so you may need to change timings..

6oz plain flour
                            Good pinch salt
                            2oz cocoa powder
                            1lb Sugar (mix these in a bowl with a ballon whisk)
                            Add,
                            7 and a 1/4oz of melted butter
                            4 beaten eggs
                            Good teaspoon vanilla
                            (Mix but don't over do it - I use a wooden spoon)
                            100g of G&B choc - chopped up well - Though choc drops work well.

Spoon into a foil lined tray about a4 size. You don't want too thick a cake.

Cook for 180 -approx 25mins.
                            I'm trying that
                            I normally use j@mie 0liver recipe. Which I would highly recommend.

Comment

Myself (Ex Military) and one other lad at work (Ex Military, Infact a chef, but I call em cooks ) but don't tell him I said that!

Are always cooking home made meals to take into work to feed the other lads, not every day, but at least 2 to 3 times a week, ranging from curries to stews, casseroles to hot-pots, I've even taken in a large tub of "Garlic n herb roule" and a few boxes of mixed crackers and biscuits on occasion!

It was only today I took in a large bowl of Lancashire (Dirty word in these parts) hotpot!

Yeah! I love seeing people enjoy a proper home cooked meal!

But love cooking anyway if I have the time!
                              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X