No announcement yet.

What have you been watching?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like everyone else said, it was all rubbish.
    The only thing we watched was Downton Abbey on Christmas night.
    Sad to see it ending as there were so many wonderful actors involved.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

When I was younger we only had BBC1 then later ITV, it seemed we were spoilt for choice regarding quality entertainment. Although it did close down early and we had to endure the nightly epilogue!
      Now we have 300 channels to choose from and mostly nothing worth watching on any of them.Advertising seems completely out of hand and disproportionate to the amount of actual program time.
      I am proud of the BBC in many ways, no adverts being the main one and Iplayer being the second. I we lose it or suffer radical change it will be a disaster. Its ok moaning about the licence fee but people happily pay far more for sky and similar which involves huge amounts of advertising too.
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I agree Bill. We've got 300 channels and I'm only really interested in BBC1, 2 and 4.
        I hardly ever watch ITV these days -most of the programmes seem very downmarket, with appalling 'local radio' type presenters and too many ad breaks.
        I watch a few C4 programmes, but tend to record and watch later - again because of the number of ads.

I would gladly sell my house and contents (including occupants) to support the BBC
        Last edited by skeggijon; 05-01-2016, 11:55 AM.
        What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
        Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          Watched next to nothing over the festive period as it was either rubbish or repeat of repeats although, like seasprout, I did enjoy 'And Then There Where None'. Again though this was just a remake of a movie done several times before. There doesn't seem to be much imagination these days, it's either repeats or remakes!
          Surely a re-adaptation of the book

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            Surely a re-adaptation of the book
            Oh yes the book too, which as an Agatha Christie fan, I have read several times and still forget the end! OH told me the end during the first episode, I said aww you've spoiled that for me. His quote 'for GS,you've read the book how many times, seen the stage show watched the different movies how many times...how could,you bl**dy well forget the end!!'. Totally spoiled it for me!
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X