What have you been watching?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
    A final plea that you watch The Detectorists. No laughter track or studio audience, you have to decide for yourself what is funny and what isn't. The first series was brilliant, the second almost as good. Although the Christmas special felt a bit like a postscript. I don't expect they will make any more though.

They aren't on iPlayer any more, they are trying to sell the DVD box sets ... but I daresay they will repeat at some point. Keep an eye open!
    Yes, I've heard good things about it but didn't catch it. Will keep an eye out for a repeat, thanks.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

On xmas day (i have one of these little android box things) i put on channel 4, well this one of the first time i have ever live streamed since living here, so no tv for 3 years, only movies and youtube. I cannot believe the amount of adverts, i think i count 18, how can anyone sit through anything like that, i forgot what the program i was watching was about
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Martin they've now put The Detectorists "Christmas Special" on iplayer any one whos missed it, this is well worth watching.

BBC iPlayer - Detectorists - Christmas Special
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I like the history progs on Yesterday and History channels plus I am a confirmed sci fi freak but not Dr Who as I don't like the new one.

Call the Midwife and Downton were disappointments.

Panda Babies was brilliant and I found out yesterday that there is a Kung Foo Panda 3 due - whoop whoop
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I thought Christmas TV was awful. I think the only thing we have watched on BBC 4 was an Italian police drama thing called The Young Montalbano. Its part of a 6 part series. Its does subtitles but the best thing was it had a decent story. So many repeats and nothing original.
            sigpic

Comment

I really liked the Agatha Christie three part thing that was on.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Christmas tv was awful. I am glad I dont pay for a licence.

I find there is just not enough stuff with monty in.....
                If you want to view paradise
                Simply look around and view it.

Comment

In general,the so called holiday programs were practicaly none existant,no matter what channel you clicked on,the same things were on,why for goodness sakes,by the time you gone up the channels,your board stiff,
                  on the run up to things there some soppy film to get lost in,none violence ones,as for seeing in the new year,what utter rubbish.
                  I for 1 am glad it's over,yay back to normal,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I think this was the worst xmas ever for tv. In the old days we used to get the radio times and plan the holiday viewing, but there was little to attract. I love the Detectorists and The Bridge was gripping. In fact virtually all our viewing has been on the BBC - mainly BBC4, although Luther was a highlight on beeb1.
                    Did find a series from Sky Atlantic called Fortitude, which took some getting into, but was worth it.

Gardening has been fed by Youtube. I love Alys Fowler, Weaste Allotments and Allotment Diary.
                    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                      A final plea that you watch The Detectorists. No laughter track or studio audience, you have to decide for yourself what is funny and what isn't. The first series was brilliant, the second almost as good. Although the Christmas special felt a bit like a postscript. I don't expect they will make any more though.

They aren't on iPlayer any more, they are trying to sell the DVD box sets ... but I daresay they will repeat at some point. Keep an eye open!
                      I love The Detectorists. It doesn't feel like half an hour and it stands rewatching. V much hope Mackenzie Crook goes for a third series.

Most of the telly was a bit pants - I did like the History Quiz on the Tudors as Hampton Court is just down the road, and the Agatha Christie & The Bridge. Am just about to settle down to Sherlock on iplayer before de-Christmassing the flat.

PS I also have an NCIS habit.
                      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

What have you been watching?

Mostly ..............

My waistline expanding ...... Burp
                        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I just wish the TV program makers and schedulers would read this thread my would they get a shock.
                          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Sitting watching War and Peace (on my own obviously, there's no sport in it) a fly on the wall would have seen me not being able to concentrate for the whole of the programme (it was dreadfully slow anyway) as I was being driven mad by recognising "Brandon" from a sit com years ago and not being able to remember the name of the said sit com. How frustrating is that? I didn't remember until the next day, despite googling away during the programme. Thanks for listening, I Didn't Know You Cared
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Watched next to nothing over the festive period as it was either rubbish or repeat of repeats although, like seasprout, I did enjoy 'And Then There Where None'. Again though this was just a remake of a movie done several times before. There doesn't seem to be much imagination these days, it's either repeats or remakes!
                              sigpic

Comment

We bought ourselves the DVD boxed set of Scandal (4 seasons) for Christmas because we thought we had only seen the first 3 and it was almost the same price for the boxed set as season 4 on its own. Imagine my delight when I found out that we had only actually seen the first two
                                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X