Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What hobbies or non related gardening projects are you doing over the winter?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep saying have got to try and learn more Spanish. So should do that really

I am pretty boring i just tend to potter, also playing with seeds
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

I try to get hold of a non working machine pre winter and then refurb it to keep me occupied over the winter months. Haven't got my hands on anything yet although a guy from Bolton did offer to sell me an old rotavator.

Comment

Another hobby I love is playing the piano, well I love it now, loathed piano lessons when I was a kid but so glad my mum persisted with them!
        The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Maybe when my kitchen, dining room and bedroom are finished I can go back to my dollshousing. I haven't been able to do any for the last 4/5 years as I didn't have the space or the light.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

I recently bought a large vitopod propagator and as I don't need it for seeds until January I have resurrected my old hobby of wine making. Its perfect for keeping a constant temperature.
            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Verinda View Post
              loathed piano lessons when I was a kid but so glad my mum persisted with them!
              Did you moan at her when she insisted you practice? Son no2 has a lesson every fortnight and occasionally I make him practice, just hope he doesn't hate me forever

Comment

Scarlet, this maybe a dim question, but what is sugar craft? Is it icing cakes?

Decorations for cakes made from sugar.... It can be modelling figures, little characters etc, ive done a tree trunk with a christmas theme and a log cabin with Santa stuck in the chimney for Christmas gifts but for me sugar flowers are just beautiful
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Scarlet; 26-11-2015, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Going to watch Newcastle as I always do and watch whatever football happens to be on tele this winter. I'd imagine I will be in the pub a lot over Xmas too haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]60694[/ATTACH]
                    Decorations for cakes made from sugar.... It can be modelling figures, little characters etc, ive done a tree trunk with a christmas theme and a log cabin with Santa stuck in the chimney for Christmas gifts but for me sugar flowers are just beautiful
                    Oh Scarlet, did you make those roses? Did you make the big daisy too? They are really just fabulous!

Yes I did moan at my mum haha I had to rush to my piano lesson straight after school and munch a snack in the car on the way. The lessons were every week and free because my aunt was a piano teacher. Your son will be grateful forever because it is a wonderful skill to have, does he enjoy playing the piano? It took me a long time to love it as I do now.

Comment

I usually resurrect my knitting, patchwork and crochet during the winter.
                      I also spend time trying to sort the hundred of photos going back over the last 60 years at least as I inherited all the family pics.
                      I am an avid reader, play any type of word and puzzle games and love walking.
                      Try to cram in a bit of everything in the winter but the minute the growing season starts verything else is left aside.
                      I also play pitch and putt.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Oh Scarlet, did you make those roses? .
                        Yes thank you very much.

Yes I did moan at my mum haha? Does he enjoy playing the piano? It took me a long time to love it as I do now.
                        He wanted to play at age 5 and although he enjoyed the lessons he wouldn't practice, but I was a mean Mum and sat there with the scales written down on little bits of paper stored in a tin. Every day I grabbed a few and made him play each one 10times I told him if he was happy to spend my money on lesson he could jolly well practice. He was 17 last week, he still plays piano and loves it now, he's working towards his performance diploma and I can't get him off the bl@@dy thing when I want 5 minutes peace!

Comment

That is brilliant Scarlet, so good to hear that he loves it and doing so well, I am definitely not as advanced as your son. Also my piano is too close to my sons room so I can only hammer away at it when he's at college

Comment

now that the garden is reasonably tidy I am determined to get my watercolour paints out again. Haven't touched them for over a year as been sooooooooooo busy in the kitchen garden.
                            Just think happy thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                              Me and our Florence is starting a pompom rug or blanket starting today. She is six so is very into all this girly fluffy stuff. Anything that keeps them occupied eh?
                              What are you guys doing?
                              would be nice to the results (photos) of our hobbies later
                              Just think happy thoughts

Comment

I'm working on finalising my movie pitch to a well known actor's US production company (can't say what it is about) which is taking quite a bit of research (though conversely little has been written on the subject!). Will also be continuing with my wildlife photography, reading, walking and maybe some housework?

Then I have to prepare for next season's motorsport too.
                                The cats' valet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X