Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of your Crimbo shopping have you done online?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    Hate doing things out of season, it's like wishing your life away
    If you've got kids or lots of pressies to buy for little ones it's a must. When the boys were toddlers I was completely unaware of how the shops ended up low on stock so I left the Christmas shopping for my boys till early December as I wanted it to be delivered to my Mums house where we were staying on Christmas Eve . I literally couldn't order anything. I had to do the run around, calling different stores around my area. It was a nightmare I will never repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      If you've got kids or lots of pressies to buy for little ones it's a must. When the boys were toddlers I was completely unaware of how the shops ended up low on stock so I left the Christmas shopping for my boys till early December as I wanted it to be delivered to my Mums house where we were staying on Christmas Eve . I literally couldn't order anything. I had to do the run around, calling different stores around my area. It was a nightmare I will never repeat.
      I do buy for quite a few little ones but the ones I buy for tend to prefer more traditional pressies so thankfully no pressure for me to buy into the latest craze thankfully. I know it wasn't as bad back then but I remember certain things being in short supply when I was a kid but I'm pretty sure not getting everything I wanted did me good but I am accused of being bah humbug at times and apparently not having kids means I can't understand anything - I know you weren't saying that so am not aiming this bit of my comment at you so please don't think that, we all do things differently which is fine.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        but I remember certain things being in short supply when I was a kid but I'm pretty sure not getting everything I wanted did me good
        I totally agree with that but my twin boys needed the same toys or there would be world war finding two of everything was a nightmare. Thankfully they've grown out of that now.

Comment

My daughters birthday is in early January snd when she was a child I always had to make sure I got her birthdsy gift before Christmas, otherwise the shops would be empty.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

My birthday's in January too and, as a kid, I was sure that some of my presents had been played with at Christm**, then rewrapped for me

Comment

I always do all of my xmas shopping online, saves time, money and effort. Aside from these, it makes getting that special something for someone a lot easier due to the range of items you can get online.

This year though, I cancelled xmas due to financial constraints and I can do without the stress and strain of worrying about geting people presents.
              Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

Did most of mine on line last night. OH and I have a big families so it's a nightmare. And I hate going to the shops.
                Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Before the internet I used to look through an Argo$ catalogue in the comfort of my own home for ideas and then go shopping elsewhere with a fixed idea in mind.
                  Occasionally buying the odd impulse purchase.
                  Made shopping much quicker!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X