No announcement yet.

Tumble dryer recall.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found another email...that's 4 appointments for dryer, none for washer!
    sigpic

Comment

Work on dryer being done on Friday...how is everyone else doing?
      sigpic

Comment

Modification all done...in less than half an hour!
        sigpic

Comment

It was in the news again today ... Tumble dryer firm Whirlpool accused of multiple failings - BBC News
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Ours is supposed to be a modification sometime on 15th June,believe it when it's done,pleased to hear others are finally getting seen to,
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hope you've all been sorted now.
              These fires are still happening Shepherd's Bush tower block fire caused by faulty tumble dryer - BBC News

Comment

All sorted here VC although I'm still making sure fluff is removed and dryer switched off at main. Problem as I understand it is that inside the machine, at the back,fluff falls through a space which has been manufactured too big and it lands on heating element and so causes fire. You cannot reach that area as its enclosed within the machine itself. Best not to leave them running when you are not around.
                sigpic

Comment

Saw it on the news,ours has been sorted,but how can they be trusted,could part off the problem be,that some peeps do not clean properly,it's made a lot off peeps more wary.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Unfortunately lottie the engineer was showing me that it's not really something you can clean yourself as the problem is in the machine itself.
                    sigpic

Comment

Jay son has had ours to bits to put a new belt on,plus several times it's been outside and air lined,maybe it depends on what the model is,we got the hotpoint aquarius,very tinny thing when taken apart,flimsy.

Comment

Ours is the Aqualtis lottie...engineer took back off and replaced internal panel. I'm playing safe anyway and it's only going on when we are here and only during the day!
                        sigpic

Comment

If you're still waiting for a repair, the advice has changed to .............
                          Owners told not to use dangerous tumble dryers after all - BBC News

Comment

Goodness me,is this still on going,begars belief,or they hoping for them thats left to die a natural death,that will save them from doing it,

Comment

We had ours fixed a few months back, didn't take long, but we still won't trust it on it's own.

Comment

Now its Beko driers that need work!
                                Fire risk alert issued over Beko tumble dryers - BBC News

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X