No announcement yet.

Risk Assessments on Allotments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazard Who could be harmed? How to prevent this? By Who? Done?

Falling/Slipping over Plot holders/visitors Make sure no obstructions are on main access road Committee 15/11/2015

Fires left unatended Plot holders/general public Douse fires before leaving plot Plot holder 15/11/2015

Manual handling causing injury Plot holder Know your limits. Ask for help if necessary Plot holder 15/11/2015

Broken glass on plot Plot holder Use gloves and dispose of glass ASAP Plot holder 15/11/2015

Chopping foot with spade or fork Plot holder Wear safety boots Plot holder 15/11/2015

Noxious spray drift if weed killing Plot holders/general public Use alternative methods, or spray in calm coditions Plot holder 15/11/2015

Using vehicle to transport goods to plot Plot holders/visitors Drive slowly and carefully. Be prepared to stop suddenly Committee 15/11/2015

Rotovator out of control Plot holder Make sure you can physically control machine Plot holder 15/11/2015

Wind damage to greenhouses/huts Plot holder/general public Check regularily and keep in good condition Plot holder 15/11/2015

Vandalism Plot holder Make sure main gate is locked. Leave sheds unlocked! Plot holder 15/11/2015

The above is pasted from a Spreadsheet, but for some reason the vine doesn't like spreadsheets
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Hi Greenleaves -

" If you want to send me a list of the hazards on your site I will draw it up for you, spent 40 years doing them. "

I wonder if it was 40 years of risk Ax that made you grumpy?

Comment

Talking about this twaddle I received and electric hob today ...............big yellow sticker 'Two person handling 10kgs.'

As the man handed it over I giggled.... I mean 10kgs, he laughed too and said "Its the only time I get a drivers mate" An extra man to deliver 10kgs never heard anything so daft.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Snadger - a couple of other things I would consider:

Does your association rent/lend out equipment - if so, you may want to provide a RA on safe usage.
          Does your association sell any goods, like weedkiller or even soil improvers - again, I would consider providing a RA on their usage.

And also the storage of any potentially flamable or explosive items - I'm thinking of petrol for equipment and/or gas containers.
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            Talking about this twaddle I received and electric hob today ...............big yellow sticker 'Two person handling 10kgs.'

As the man handed it over I giggled.... I mean 10kgs, he laughed too and said "Its the only time I get a drivers mate" An extra man to deliver 10kgs never heard anything so daft.
            We used to get everything deliverd in 25Kg bags now the max is 20Kg. It was a hundredweight when I started work!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^And me Snadger and it was considered a one man lift as I am sure you remember.
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X