Kevin's Combi.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin's Combi.

What make? What Model? What's it not doing?

I might be able to give you some thought's.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
    What make? What Model? What's it not doing?

I might be able to give you some thought's.
    Wow Pots !!! - just noticed this.

Give me a few mins (having to do dishes, general cleaning in kitchen, etc. at the mo).
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Roger the lodger.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Kevin the kleena
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

Anyway its an - Ideal Mini C28 (does that make any sense ?)

Lately, it just keeps cutting out - showers end up running cold, baths are no longer a goer, and we have turn it off, wait a while, then start it up again.

Have been bleeding the radiators - however, to be honest I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do.

The past couple of days though, the pressure gauge is at maximum whenever we're trying to use it. The better half is too scared to use it now, and has been turned off.

B*gger knows how I'm going to be able to shave and shower tomorrow for work.

We've got someone coming out tomorrow - any help in advance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Pots.
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

Comment

Yep that makes sense.

Don't bother with the radiators it won't make any difference.

Did you have to top up the water pressure when you bled them?

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Just reading the intervening posts.

You've got to make the effort guys - it pays dividends in return.
              Anyway, have to dash off again - the missus' feet need massaging.

Comment

Just a few thoughts whilst your doing your duty.

There is only two ways in which the pressure in the system can rise.

(1) The expansion vessel has sprung a leak on what we call the dry side. Symptoms the pressure gauge will rise quickly when the heating is turned on. When the heating has cooled the pressure will fall and the boiler fail.

(2) The filling loop (used to put water into the system) has (a) not been turned off correctly or (b) has failed and is passing water. If you go outside there will be a 15mm discharge pipe if this is running water this is the problem.

As to your problem about the boiler cutting off in use. If I am right and I don't have the instructions in front of me this boiler as an overheat thermostat the symptoms you are reporting would make me check the resistance on that first in case it has failed. There could also be other problems but that would be my first move as it would be the least expensive..

Now the good news IT WON'T BLOW UP. So if you can get it to fire in the morning you might just get your shave.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                  Yep that makes sense.

Don't bother with the radiators it won't make any difference.

Did you have to top up the water pressure when you bled them?
                  To be honest, over the years after not having the heating on for the summer months - we would bleed the radiators at this time of year.
                  Not that we have any knowledge of this kind of thing - it is one those things that we think we are doing the right thing, but really don't have a clue.

With regards to 'topping up' the water pressure when we bleed them - I'm so sorry, I'm not sure what that means.

When the pressure guage on the boiler was low in the past, we used to open up a valve slightly that would sort it out. Now that the pressure guwge is at max - I've no idea how you would 'reverse' the situation.

Comment

Yep what you where doing with the 'little valve' was topping up the water pressure.

Don't bleed radiators unless they are cold at the top, it will only weaken the solution of corrosion inhibitor that should have been injected at the time of installation.

From what you are saying it sounds as if the 'little valve' has either failed or is not turned of correctly both would give the same effect on the pressure gauge. The safety valve will now have opened and water will be discharging to outside. If the 'little valve' has failed it will need replacing and a good fitter would suggest to you that you replace the safety discharge valve at the same time, neither parts are mega expensive.

I still thing there could be a further problem as 'over pressure would not make the boiler fail so we are back to the over heat stat.

One thing in your favour is that the appliance you have is a good boiler and will be worth the cost of the repair.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Sorry Pots - I've been trying to respond to this for ages, but seems my tablet/internet has packed up on me also.

Anyway, I went outside earlier and there's a pool of water on the ground, with a trickle of orange water going down my nice white wall. So it looks like your 2nd synopsis was correct.

Thanks ever so much for your advice.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to add - the little valve seems to be goosed now.

Comment

Oh well Kevin you and me both...new boiler for us too I think. Ours keeps firing up, even when it's switched off, lasts about 10 secs each time. It's in the garage but I can hear it during the night and it's driving me mad. (Bedroom is above garage). After 17 years, I suppose we can't expect anything else. Just having to persuade ourselves to part with the money now! Grrrrr!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Something always crops up at this time of year, good luck guys.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Kevin another thought for you.

If your repair man starts talking silly money you might consider getting the manufacturer in.

If you boiler is under ten years old Ideal do a fixed priced guaranteed repair for £275-00p all parts and labour. I have the phone number if you need it.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X