3rd break in this year

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd break in this year

When I arrived at the plot today I became apparent we had visitors overnight.

All the sheds broken into and damaged.

On the plus side no one seems to have lost anything. I learnt a long time ago the looking your shed is pointless as the damage to the door is the biggest issue.

Can't be the same culprits every time or they would learn we store nothing of value

Very nasty. Sadly seems to be something I'm reading about more often online. Hope your shed didn't suffer too much damage.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

GL! Sadly! This as become an ordinary for most "Allotmenteers"

Which is why I took the same stance as you n lock nothing! Because it's just an unproductive thing to do!

I leave nothing of value! But we still get idiots trying to think they are gunna make a quick buck!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Sorry to hear of your break in GL. So upsetting when you know someone has been there having nosey about and helping themselves.
        Lady down my site told me you always know when car boot season is on as they always find people have come on and had a look.
        Glad you haven't had any major losses.
        sigpic

Comment

Glad you have not lost much and hope you can fix the damages easily.
          Maybe do what DDI does and not lock, maybe just a latch.
          Sad to hear, i always feel if your life is so bad and you need to result to stealing you do it from the big boys not us little people who it can really hurt.
          I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

How rubbish. I didn't lock my shed when I first got a plot and still don't keep much in it however I got fed up with the few things I did have (pound shop trowel, string, labels etc) finding their way to other plots as whoever was going in was just swapping things around. Took ages working out who actually owned the stuff that had found its way into my shed and swap it back with the stuff I owned. Put a cheap padlock on after that. It would be easy to break if somebody wanted to get in without damaging the door much but does put off the casual mischief maker.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

So sorry to hear about the break in. Glad you lost nothing of value
              Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Last break in at our allotments was presumably (warped) kids. Lots of sheds (not mine) broken into but took a garden fork and used it to kill a plotholder's chickens. Just stabbed them, I'm at a total loss to understand what they got out of that
                Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

So sorry to hear about the break in, makes me very angry, just so mindless.
                  DottyR

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X