Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas, invention or some type of creation. Any suggestions.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas, invention or some type of creation. Any suggestions.

So, as you know I work in a garden center. At this time of the year we get all the christmas trees in. We have most on the floor and the smaller ones on hex tables. Trouble is they constantly fall or blow over its really annoying because they look awful just left to lay on the floor (which is recomended as it just damages the tree picking it up and letting it blow over all the time).
    Iwater them reg so they are heavy. What could I do.
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

I was married to a farmer who grew trees for Christmas. Our customers bought them far too early and the the reason you shouldn't pick them up is because no matter how much you water them you can't replace the amount of water they were deprived of before they got to you, so the needles fall off. The problem is the garden centres bosses, not yours.

I buy mine from a farm about half a mile away who only cut them as needed and will also provide trees with roots.
    Last edited by JanieB; 14-11-2015, 07:06 PM. Reason: To add to posting
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

The garden centre near us have these pallets with holes in,to stand them in. Also they have 2m x 2m little walk in areas & they rest the trees slanting/standing in there,it's part roofed so not too windy.

Comment

I said we should have spikes on the tables where we can slide the pot over and that will keep them up right but they said its to risky for the kids :/
        If you want to view paradise
        Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Health and safety gone mad lol
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Could you run a length of rope allong the back of the trees about two thirds of the height and secure each tree to it in a way you can realise it easily when purchased
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
              I said we should have spikes on the tables where we can slide the pot over and that will keep them up right but they said its to risky for the kids :/
              I think the chance a kid get hurt by a falling tree are far more to get hurt by the spikes. If they an be detached so if you don't have more tree to put on the stand you can pin them off like the stick from the rotovator that canbe detached.
              Last edited by Sarico; 15-11-2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X