No announcement yet.

Are you happy with your garden?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my new, smaller garden is piggin brilliant.

Why.....

It's a collection of large sheet of weed control, weighed down with garlic pots, slabs andwooden posts on top of the bare soil.
    The other half is weedy shingle, planters, slabs, water butt and various other garden 'essentials'.

The borders are very wide for such a tiny garden and contain a collection of diseased and dodgy looking standard roses, magnificant weeds and a lovely little holly tree.

Oh and a little tree thingy (please note the technical term here) whose branches sort of sprout out then down that will be shaped into a huge mushroom as soon as I can find my snippers. At least then I could open the gate fully.

So I love it because it's a complete blank canvas.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Ah, hahahahaha. You could either look at mine from Bal's perspective or you could consider it as an "installation" at the Modern Tate gallery - theme "Building Site".
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

We have been here for 50 years now and my garden has changed several times over thr years.
        From being a playground for my children to being a flower garden, then a vegetable garden and now in the past few years it has changed again.
        We are retired now and getting older so it has been redesigned with that in mind.. I have my greenhouse, he has his shed.
        We have a built a conservatory and a large decking area where we can spend our leisure time.
        The grass has been replaced by gravel with a roman circle.
        My veg growing area rins the length of my garden and is south west facing and it is raised.
        my only complaint is the fact thats its not big enough.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X