Bonfire Night?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a big ginger biscuit up here at any rate . Very yummie
    Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 05-11-2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Its like a sticky ginger cake made with treacle and oatmeal - if I remember correctly. Homemade is best but its usually sold off cheaply after Bonfire night, just as the spooky cakes are being sold off now

Comment

That does sound yummy!

VC I can't click like on your post as the like has mysteriously disappeared, but I would if I could!
        Last edited by Verinda; 05-11-2015, 02:54 PM.
        The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Refresh the page, Verinda. That usually wakes the Likes up. Anyway, its the thought that counts!

Here's a recipe http://britishfood.about.com/od/reci...orksparkin.htm
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-11-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I have a bit of garden rubbish to burn so might as well take advantage, also love having hotdogs and fried onions on "Bondy night" as we call it.

Is anybody making cinder toffee great but teeth rotting material
            82.6% of people believe any statstic!

Comment

My allotment had their bonfire on Saturday - when I was at work unfortunately and the house move has meant that we just feel too shattered to do anything tonight/
              I used to love having big squares of Yorkshire Parkin, and homemade treacle toffee on plot night
              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

The main fireworks round here are on Saturday but we're at a party. Normally we watch them from our upstairs window in the warm since its a good view. They don't affect our cat who's not bothered by them which is kind of weird as she is a very nervy cat with lots of other things but I feel bad for the animals who are literally terrified. If they could make quiet fireworks that would be cool.

Tonight is just a normal night albeit a very wet one. Hopefully that will put off the little idiots who like to do stupid things with fireworks from coming out.
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Well its our Florence's birthday tomorrow but we always celebrate it on bonfire night so she thought everyone was setting fireworks to celebrate her birthday. Until today when the teachers has been telling the class the real reason for bonfire night. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.
                  If you want to view paradise
                  Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X