Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
    {crosses Marie off gossip list}

I do try to count to ten, but sometimes if I feel I've been poked in the eye, I react and sometimes badly as one does if poked in the eye. The older I get though the less I seem to get poked in the eye
    I've stopped using the pointy stick on you, Ap, the point was getting too messy
    IMO, most of the Groups could be deleted and nobody would miss them. I can sort of understand the groups that are local area ones, like I belong to a South Wales ones, but we've never met up apart from a few local nutters!!

Comment

There is also the ignore button if someone gets to be too annoying. Don't think I have ever used it

Comment

I don't see an ignore button anywhere but no worries can't imagine I'd want to ignore anyone on here unless they were a spammer maybe?

We all have up and down days. I'm pretty grumpy in the mornings so I totally get if anyone wants to ignore me then ha ha
        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

click on the members name and when the profile comes up, there is the option to add to ignore list.

One quickly knows the type that need ignoring or chastising and you're clearly not in that category.
          Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 05-11-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Thank goodness - I don't know if I fancy being chastised - especially as you mentioned red hot pokers
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Oh No I didn't - well it's almost panto season. Pointy sticks dear, pointy sticks

Comment

The PM button is useful when giving someone your home address.
                Obviously we wouldn't put it on the open forum but if you want to join in with the VSP, you need to tell VC where to send all your lovely seedy goodies!
                http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I must have one of the busiest PM IN/Outboxes on the Vine
                  Apologies if sometimes I forget to reply. Messages get buried so quickly.
                  Anyway, use the PM system to chat between yourselves about anything you don't want to be public knowledge. Remember that anything posted on the Vine can be read by Joe and Jane Bloggs who may live anywhere in the world or next door to you.!

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
                    The PM button is useful when giving someone your home address.
                    Obviously we wouldn't put it on the open forum but if you want to join in with the VSP, you need to tell VC where to send all your lovely seedy goodies!
                    That's the only thing I'd ever use it for so I probably only go there about every six months. I've had people ask me forum type questions on PMs and I've just told them to put it on the main pages as to me forums are about sharing not one to one advice behind the scenes and they'll probably get a better response from he masses rather than just my view.

Re bitching about people behind their backs, seems a real shame if that's happening, like being back at school

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I never use my profile for anything,I just like these open chats about gardening.

Comment

Is there a way of ignoring certain threads? Or do I need to remove the Chitchat section from my feeds? This IS going to make me sound like a complete and total grinch (apologies!), but when I click for new posts all I see is hundreds of 'for fun' threads. Have they been breeding recently? They aren't really my thing.
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

You could go to the main forum page http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php
                          and select the boards that interest you - like Vegging Out.

Comment

Its that time of year, sparrow, dark nights mean more indoor fun

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              You could go to the main forum page http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/forum.php
                              and select the boards that interest you - like Vegging Out.
                              So that's a 'no' then I guess. I only ever use the New Posts button for speed. The other forums I'm on have a function to exclude certain boards from the new posts search - ie poultry boards since I don't keep chickens. Guess that isn't built into this one.

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Its that time of year, sparrow, dark nights mean more indoor fun
                              *splutter*
                              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I don't know the answer Sparrow as I look at every post for my sins and have never tried to exclude any boards. Maybe one of the "older" and wiser Mods has an answer?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X