No announcement yet.

HFW's War on Waste

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely disgusting...............There are people dying all over the world due to malnutrition...............
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 28-10-2015, 07:09 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I've set a reminder for the programme. Just can't believe how much is thrown away. We have become such a wasteful society. There are so many people without and so much is being thrown away. The supermarkets have so much buying power and do as they like.
      sigpic

Comment

It really beggars belief. No wonder farmers struggle so much
        Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Love HFW , much more real than the essex dude , sugar tax my butt

Comment

No wonder I have problems finding biggish parsnips in the shops. I prefer them as I then don't have burnt pointy ends.

When I was married to a farmer he used to buy the reject veggies for fodder for the cows.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

There's more about this at STOP THE ROT with a petition to be sent to 4 of the major supermarkets - link on the website.
              I've signed
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 30-10-2015, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Thanks to HFW's & River Cottage's twitter feed on this I am swinging by Milton Keynes on the way home tomorrow to pick up as much of 40lb of spare quinces from a kind stranger as I can stuff into my little car. Am a v happy bunny.

Wish more people would join in!
                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                  Wish more people would join in!
                  What have you joined? Is there something you have signed up for?

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    There's more about this at STOP THE ROT with a petition to be sent to 4 of the major supermarkets - link on the website.
                    I've signed
                    Me too ......... Come on everyone lets have some more signatures.
                    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I've signed

Comment

I've signed. What amazes me is the figures banded about for waste created by "the average household". To offset those of us who waste virtually nothing just how much must some folk throw away in order to get the average back up. They must have more money than sense.
                        I also think supermarket buying policy is a disgrace. A friend of mine drives a lorry for one of the big four and the volumes of post shelf life food he has to take for disposal is staggering.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Signed and shared the gleaning link a couple of times this week too.

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                            Signed and shared the gleaning link a couple of times this week too.
                            Can you point m towards the gleaning links, can't find anything on the web links or Facebook (don't do Twitter).
                            Last edited by Alison; 31-10-2015, 12:43 PM.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Done a bit more searching and unfortunately a lot of the local gleaning stuff seems to be on Twitter which is just too confusing for me. Didn't even understand most of the posts . Seems there's a general page on Facebook which I've liked but it does seem a bit muddled (that could be me though) so hopefully it'll get more coordinated as more people get involved.

Comment

More about Gleaning at Gleaning Network - Feedback
                                There are no local groups in Wales - so I'm out!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X