Freezer alarms?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer alarms?

Anyone got experience/ know about these?

we have 3 freezers in the cellar chock full of produce- including meat.
    thing is the household insurance doesn't cover the contents if they defrost...

So, apart from that, I can't stand the thought of wasting Huuuge effort growing preparing and cooking prior to freezing

we don't go in the cellar everyday, so, I think it'd be sensible to have alarms in each one which alerts us if the temperature drops inside.

thing is we wouldn't hear an alarm in the cellar...but could wire something up into the ground floor or have something wifi.

anyone recommend anything which might be suitable?
    given the value of the contents, we're happy to pay decent money for a good quality,reliable alarm....

thanks
    Last edited by Nicos; 24-10-2015, 06:47 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I think you might need an alarm in a freezer if the temperature "Rises" inside.

Someone flicked the off switch to our freezer and turned it off by mistake it was maybe 24 hours in the off state, some of the stuff had started to defrost a bit but I turned it back on (don't do this at home children) and didn't tell my wife (She would have chucked all my sirloin steaks away with everything else). We are still alive.
    Last edited by Bill HH; 24-10-2015, 07:55 AM.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Am thinking of getting one now. As the door open alarm often doesn't go off unitl out of earshot.

Will research on Google when more time. Quick look shows wireless available..

One tip is to keep front of fridge freezer higher at front so that gravity closes door but beware things not pushed back in .
      Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Hi Nic, just wondered if 3 of these would work. Obviously you would have to number them somehow. Each alarm has a 100ft range:

Xcellent Global Digital Freezer/Fridge Wireless Thermometer With RF Indoor/ Outdoor Sensor With Alarm And Max Min Temperature HG109: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Just one word of warning when using radio frequency/wireless stats of any sort.

Make sure they have a variable frequency range otherwise when one sender goes to alarm state all receivers react.

We often get a call back to the central heating ones we fit due to interference from neighbours senders fortunately they have a series of 'dip switches' to allow us to alter their working frequencies. We had one recently where the neighbour had three zone valves controlled by wireless stats took two visits to find our client a free frequency.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X