Figure Fuddling

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    When I joined I didn't post for years, literally. Way too scared of making a fool of myself. As you may have noticed, I'm over that now and make a fool of myself daily
    ... and very glad we are that you did! Join, that is, not make a fool of yourself
    A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

^^^I am glad you make a fool of yourself it means that the rest of us can and we can all have a giggle and cover lots of technology with tea and coffee

Comment

I know I'm only a newbie, but I love this forum. There's a warmth and a humour about it that I've rarely found elsewhere. I never posted on the intros thread (at least, I don't think I did!) - didn't know about it and I'm still not sure I'm putting things in the right place, but mostly navigate by using 'New Posts'.

The Ads don't bother me much, but I've not got an ad-free version of the experience to compare it to!

Comment

I love this forum it feels like home plus its my only contact with other veg growers I'm sure we've all asked silly questions mine was about potatoes if it wasn't for the vine my first ones would have been planted with the chits facing down.

About the adds I don't see them at all unless I pause Adblock and Adblock Plus, I've got it on my PC and Kindle fire tablet I'd install it on my iPhone but mines a 4s and it will only work on a 5 and above.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

1Bee. You haven't been in the Gardiners Rest yet!

I used to be in a couple of newsgroups (precursor to forums). They were a bit like this one but were ruined by some people who decided to destroy the ambiance of the those groups and there was no way of stopping them.

The (old) regulars met up once or twice a year. Eventually one of the group members set up a forum so that we could avoid the nuisances. Unfortunately, it was on his server and when he died suddenly the forum disappeared. I don't think any of the rest of us were willing to contact the others through the old newsgroup because of all the strife we got.

I only use 3 groups every day, and 2 others about once a week.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

Gardener's Rest? *perks up* What's that?

Comment

Oh how would people describe the Gardener's Rest?

Well it is a public house where tired growers meet to celebrate December and all it's festivities.

It is a genteel and fluffy place of rest and quiet contemplation.

Well..........I could however be stretching the truth a little and in a few weeks it will be time to open the doors and.......

parteeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                Last edited by Lumpy; 02-10-2015, 12:12 PM.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                  Gardener's Rest? *perks up* What's that?

Sit back in a comfy chair with a large drink (or several) & have a look at a some from years past (links in first post) although at a mere 214 pages you will probably only need the one below .....

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gardeners+rest

Oh yer, don't blame me for making a post that will take several hours of your life up reading it ....... you asked Enjoy
                  Last edited by bearded bloke; 02-10-2015, 12:38 PM.
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

*Drags out large, battered stock pot and starts looking for ancient rum punch recipe*

Comment

You'll fit into the GR just fine
                      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                        Was that when I was made Mom and all the controvesy that caused?
                        No, Bill. I was March, you were May, and April was "nomination declined"

OK I've re-read VC's post and you're probably right, 70 members O/L in May, only just pipped by April.

We must all secretly love watching a good spat
                        Last edited by mothhawk; 02-10-2015, 03:48 PM.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          No, Bill. I was March, you were May, and April was "nomination declined"

OK I've re-read VC's post and you're probably right, 70 members O/L in May, only just pipped by April.

We must all secretly love watching a good spat
                          Well I propose i get made a permanent Mom just to boost numbers, I can take the flak!!!
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

You'll always be MoM to me, Bill

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              You'll always be MoM to me, Bill
                              Ahhhhh, you just brought a tear to my eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No further messages from me for a week I am off fishing.
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Enjoy your week's fishing, Son

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X