I Spotted.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Pots- maybe they had a family member who couldn't be with them for Xmas...and so decidied to 'do' Xmas early?
    I've known it happen a few times with different families

Or....
    It could have been one of the famous TV chefs recording their series pre festive season ? ( I've seen a few programmes with the leaves still on the trees outside their kitchen windows! )
    Or It could be like a chap just down the road from me who never bothered to take his down after Christmas

I went in to the local Lidl today and all the Christmas fare is out on display, cakes, plum pud and chocs. For crying out loud it only the first week of October

Comment

Not early for some. One of my friends is Christmas mad and gets her decs up at the start of October every year so she can make the festive feeling last a really long time. I think she'd keep them up all year round if her OH let her.

We've just got all the Halloween decs up so I'm nearly as bad Any excuse to decorate.
      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

I lurve Christmad but I like to keep it special not turn it into a 3 month marathon.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Does my head in.
          Attached Files
          Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

One channel had "Micheal Buble's Christmas Special" on last night

Comment

Weird isn't it. I remember making Christmas cake, pud, mincemeat about now because a) it was cheaper than immediately before Christmas and b) it tasted better when we'd anointed them in brandy. But the shops left it until middle to late November before annoying us.

There is a very good reason for the retail trade to do what they do and it's actually from a practical point of view. The majority of non online shopping is done in major retail outlets. They don't have a lot of storage to refill the front of the shop because for the rest of the year they don't need it. By starting the Christmas selling period early they increase the sales of stock that they can't store. If everyone shopped in the last 4 weeks before Christmas the shops couldn't cope with the continuous restocking. And the roads couldn't cope with the number of artics delivering.
              Last edited by JanieB; 04-10-2015, 06:42 PM.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X