Warning scam e-mail

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning scam e-mail

I have today received an e-mail supposed to be from Virgin media saying my monthly payment has not gone through and asking me to click on a button to make payment or I will be cut off.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON.

I have spoken to Virgin and they have confirmed it is a SCAM and my payments are up to date and that thousands of their customers have received said e-mail.

The e-mail looks very realistic so be aware.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Thank you for the heads up not had that one.......yet,always a body to jump on the scam waggon
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thanks for posting this
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The things I go through for the Vine Have you any idea what you have to do to speak to a human at Virgin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
          The things I go through for the Vine: Have you any idea what you have to do to speak to a human at Virgin:
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
            Have you any idea what you have to do to speak to a human at Virgin
            I'm so tempted to swap these words around....................but I won't

Comment

^^^^^^I should hope not indeed no smut on the Vine

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I've had a couple of similar emails purporting to be from BT. So they are obviously working their way through the phone/broadband companies.

The best way to check is to make your own way to the company website and then check your account to see if payments are up to date.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Did they address you by your name...........Any that don't, go straight in the trash.......The classic is "Dear Customer"............no, my name is not Customer............
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 25-09-2015, 10:15 PM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

^^^^Yep they knew my name, I am beginning to wonder if someone's data base has been hacked, but there has been no warning issued.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

When you click on the name of the sender, what email addy comes up? You can usually tell a spammer from the fact it's never from an official email addy for that company.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Can't do that know I am afraid following the advice from Virgin I have permanently deleted it.

A mate has e-mailed me today to say he has had the scam too but he is the only other person I have heard about.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

This is a copy from Virgins' website:

************** Latest News 25/09/2015 *******************

We have been informed about a phishing email that contains the content copied below. It was NOT sent by Virgin Media and should not be responded to. Do NOT visit the link included in the mail or respond

Your Virgin Media billing details are incomplete

Hello ,

We could not process the payment for your latest Virgin Media bill.

Your billing details are either incomplete or outdated.

Your Virgin Media account is scheduled for disconnection.

Scheduled disconnection date: 26 September, 2015.

To continue using your service uninterrupted please update your billing details.

Click here to update your billing details now.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team
                          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                          -----------------------------------------------------------
                          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

^^^^^^^That's the one, wouldn't mind betting if you click the link they want your banking details.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X