Plant tulip bulbs.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Prepare everything for overwintering
      remember to sow broad beans at the end of the month (itching to do it sooner)
      eagerly await delivery of garlic!

I have finally sorted my seeds into sowing months - so at least feel more organised now than before!!

Comment

I've done the sweetpeas and bulbs but need to prune the neglected cooking apple tree and other fruit trees and divide the rhubarb soon
        stay safe, be happy, have fun

Comment

Bumping this to remind you of your Must Do Jobs

Comment

Bumping again!
            Have you finished your October jobs?
            I haven't planted any spring bulbs yet...........I will!

Comment

No i still haven´t done the garlic and i have had it a long time about a month, hope its still ok. I will do tomorrow, or the next day
              I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Me neither,am just awaiting on some soil to get from the big heap,into the new borders first,have to put planks down now,so as not to make grooves in the lawn,also gota get a mower of some sort,it's growing . looking back get the sweet peas into soak,cauliflower is already in modules,
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 27-10-2015, 02:53 PM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

All done except the Sweet Pea sowing.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Got garlic and onions in and a few bulbs. Rest going in tomorrow and at the weekend. Need to move some shrubs too. Hate these darker evenings, means everything has to be packed into the weekends
                    Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Planted up the Sweet Peas today.
                      All done for October.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Three big pots of layered bulbs planted today. Some leftover bulbs to be stuck in somewhere, But I've finished my October "Must remember" jobs too.
                        Better have a look at November in readiness

Comment

I have my broad beans sown (although no soon of them yet - but plenty of time to sow more if needed)

As on a different thread my garlic isnt due until January!

So only plan left for October (and may roll into November now) is to sort out all the chillies and herbs still residing outside and decide what to do with them!

Comment

Ok finally just finished my garlic. Thats 51 cloves in. Is it pushing it leaving to the very last day well at least i got it done.
                            I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Moved a load of perennials into the new flower bed, that was hard work. Cleared most of the beans away and tidied up raised beds. Planted a few more bulbs. Loads more still to go in
                              Need to move some shrubs tomorrow will need OH's help for that, and guess what plant Moore bulbs. It's great having a blank canvas to work on but it does mean having to plant zillions of everything to make an impact.
                              Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Say goodbye and welcome November

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X