No announcement yet.

Dunno if it's all the moving adverts ATM

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all i do not normally have problems on here but now the page is getting smaller 3"" white down each side 2" yellow at bottom .
    next time i log on it will be 3" at bottom with water but advert .
    Plus this is the second time i have posted this the first time was at 8 pm and when i looked for it it did not load
    thanks peter

Comment

OK, here are some screenshots of some of the gremlins and where I suspect they might be hiding.

When the gremlins in the screenshots below appear, the page stutters, freezes or crashes - and typing replies take a very long time, with lags between typing and seeing it appear, or bits of what was typed getting missed in the lag - sometimes it's not possible to type a reply at all.
      Notice the click-on tabs for things such as messaging, blogs and FAQ are missing.

And due to the gremlins, it took an age to type this reply and add the pictures to it!

----------------------

------------------

--------------------

-------------------

----------------------

------------------

--------------------

-------------------

----------------------

------------------

--------------------

-------------------

----------------------

------------------

--------------------

-------------------

----------------------

------------------

--------------------

-------------------
      Last edited by FB.; 24-09-2015, 08:02 PM.

Comment

OK...thanks for letting us see that FB...it will help Admin when they look into things
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          OK...thanks for letting us see that FB...it will help Admin when they look into things
          Yes, I thought they might help the techies. The screenshots I posted are showing pretty much what Thelma Sanders said in her 3.46pm reply.

Comment

And I can't see the reply that I know I just posted regarding Thelma Sanders' earlier comment!

That's another issue which has crept into the forum recently - can't see replies after posting, so have to load the page again from the beginning.

Comment

Thanks FB you've nailed it - that is exactly what I was trying to describe.

Comment

You really need to add Adblock Plus to your browser FB if possible. It will clear up all those ads.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hi FB,

Thanks for letting us know and showing the screenshot, that will help alot.
                  Can you let me know what browser you are using? and we will look into it.

Hannah
                  Hannah
                  👩

Comment

I'm on IE11

Comment

Them ads i have just seen are just not acceptable if i was having to look at them every time i went on the vine.

I am afraid i would find something else to look at,mines bad but noooooot that baaaad

I AM on chrome
                      Last edited by 21up; 25-09-2015, 05:09 PM. Reason: missed words

Comment

Originally posted by Hannah Anderson View Post
                        Hi FB,

Can you let me know what browser you are using? and we will look into it.

Hannah
                        Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11.
                        Just trying to type this reply jammed up my computer and made it run so slow that what I am typing takes several second of lag before it appears.
                        So as per my previous comment I'll exit the GYO site after posting and try again later because of the mischief it causes.

Comment

I just looked in on IE instead of firefox and got this Norton warning!

Your Symantec security product has reset your home page after encountering a threat.

Wonder if they are linked in any way????
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've got McAfee and am not getting a warning - just the very slow loading........

Comment

I checked on this lappy running XP & IE 8 adverts load correctly, then checked on the newer lappy running windoze 10 & IE 11 again adverts load correctly, no adblocker running on either device.
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

The site is still not loading properly here.... the other forums I visit are loading ok.

Good job I know where to click to find 'new posts' and 'forum actions' - because the buttons in that line don't show until I put the cursor in the right place *confused*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X