Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepping on frosty puddles to crack the film of ice
    Early morning mist
    Scuffing through fallen leaves hoping to find conkers, or even sweet chestnuts
    Just scuffing through fallen leaves for the pleasure of it, too
    The sweet scent of fallen crab apples
    Fog muffling all the noise and making the countryside strange and mysterious
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

Buying copious amounts of hand cream and the fact none of them do anything to help my hands that will become so cracked they will bleed and I will forget and find blood smeared here there and everywhere......oh sorry, what are we looking forward to

layers of clothing
      lots of homely comfort food
      snuggling up and reading books

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Anyone got any piccies of autumnal leaves yet?
        Give us a chance - its only the first day of autumn

Comment

I may go leaf peeping at Fineshades Woods this weekend with Shadow and my Camera.
          Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

Sweet chestnuts!
            (Just couldn't resist buying a bag of them today as the local ones aren't quite ready yet!)
            Pomegranates and coconuts also bring back memories of Autumns past.
            Baked apples filled with raisins served with thick custard!
            Mulled wine , and whisky served with ginger wine.....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Lots of rainbows in autumn, I saw this one in Connemara last year. Also a photo of last years witch hazel leaves, just as a taster of things to come

Attached Files
              The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Oh wow!
                What lovely piccies!...thanks for sharing- they are stunning!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Stews and slow-cooker casseroles. Fires and toasted crumpets. Warm, woolly cardigans at home, and snuggly hats on the plot. Kicking leaves with the 4yo, cracking ice and spotting frost, carving (home grown!) pumpkins, and then the 4yo becoming the 5yo.

The slight sense of dread when the autumn gales first start to blow, then the sense of invigoration when you start to get used to them again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                    Stews and slow-cooker casseroles. Fires and toasted crumpets. Warm, woolly cardigans at home, and snuggly hats on the plot. Kicking leaves with the 4yo, cracking ice and spotting frost, carving (home grown!) pumpkins, and then the 4yo becoming the 5yo.

The slight sense of dread when the autumn gales first start to blow, then the sense of invigoration when you start to get used to them again.
                    As I read your post I got the urge to start singing "these are a few of my favourite things!" must have been the warm woolly cardigan bit...warm woollen mittens....sorry I'll stop now!!
                    Last edited by Verinda; 24-09-2015, 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That feeling of finally being home in a warm, dry house, with the curtains closed and snuggling on the sofa with blankets and warm socks.

Funnily enough you are right Nicos - now it is officially autumn I can embrace it and enjoy the odd bit of sunshine rather than complaining there is no sun!!

Comment

I went out and about with my camera today and found evidence of autumn all around thought I'd share.

Attached Files

Comment

That chook looks very contented soaking up the sunshine!
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X