Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh and I got a huge sage plant from another allotment holder I'd had my eye on. it's a foot across, albeit a bit smaller now Fter a trim. Hopefully it'll be ok in a pot for a while as it's in horsetail quarantine.

Comment

• Oi you lot...keep yr grey over there!

where's the sun gone?????

Having said that- I suppose it's only fair to share it around at bit
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Oh Nicos you numpty...............
        Ha!...well- I actually wish it was Friday in reality!...never mind

Off to the great city ooop norf today- hope to call in at Ikea and some of the craft shops if I have time...need to find a portable domino hob ( 2 hot plates) and a new parasol)

Will be putting me best frock on too
        ( * shakes moths out of it)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yes, not so nice here today either - good excuse for staying in and doing some chores. Picked mybrotherup from the airport last night so I'm minus his dog too spaniels are such happy dogs, missing her already. Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning All. Wet here too but I think the sun is trying to put his best frock on. Must be trying to keep up with Nicos
            I have a fun day lined up too. Taking my Mum to the Hearing clinic at the hospital for a new hearing aid. Hope it improves her hearing but she may also hear me making fun of her
            Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-08-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• It's a lovely sunny day and 2 different people have just knocked the rays out of it for me.
              Has anybody else had contact with the 'Oh I suppose' attitude people?

I put the spare chicken coop up on a couple of Freebie sites - one response was 'does it have a large run? If not I suppose I could have it off you if you cover the cost of my time and petrol to collect it'
              And.....'I'm too busy to collect it can you bring it to me and leave it in the garden'. They supplied their address which is a 48 mile round trip.

Thank Whatever there is a Vine!
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Lumpy that's terrible, I can't get over those responses to your freebie

Luckily when we dug up some shrubs and filled in our pond to give me a a veg area people replied politely and turned up on time.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• That's good Bren. I must admit that for everything else I have ever offered on these sites I have never had responses like these.
                  As you say most people are polite etc, even the lady that collected my 25 GYO mags was brilliant. Their attitude may have been because I put on my ad that as it was a generous freebie to me it was not for re-sale as I have seen alot of that just recently where something that was pictured on a freebie site ends up on a for sale site - shame on the people who do that.

I will re-home it as soon as possible as its taking up most of our tiny patio at the moment.

Wish me luck!
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Evening all. Didn't do much this morning apart from watch the Australians have a batting collapse in the Ashes.
                    My sister got me a ladybird tower for my birthday and in my parcel there was a voucher for some free ladybirds. I rang the company up on Tuesday and they arrived today. So went down the allotment this afternoon and put them out in their tower. Might be little but took ages to get them out of their box.
                    Made a big discovery today as well. My dwarf beans seem to actually be runner beans. I have only discovered this because I've found one tucked away and it must be about 3inches long.
                    Have a good evening everyone
                    sigpic

Comment

• Evening all and Happy Belated Birthday NVG, hope you had a good day!

It has been lovely and sunny here today although the garden is like a marsh after last nights rain. Have been getting back into researching my family tree again but you get so lost in it, time just disappears.

Going to Germany in a couple of weeks but spending a day in London beforehand. My daughter was telling me about the Skygarden...have booked a visit. Check it out on the internet, looks good...3 floors of garden! (It's in the Walkie Talkie building)
                      sigpic

Comment

• YAY, gotta love it .............

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                          My dwarf beans seem to actually be runner beans. I have only discovered this because I've found one tucked away and it must be about 3inches long.
                          Have a good evening everyone
                          Are you trying to confuse me NVG? Dwarf bean plants produce the same size beans as climbing varieties - the plant itself is short.

Off on hols Jay? Where abouts in Germany are you going? My brother and his (German) wife just came home, they had been sweltering in 30+ temps.
                          Off to look at the sky garden.

Comment

• Don't judge me but we are going to watch our hockey team play in the CHL, first time playing in Europe so had to go, so have combined it with a long weekend taking in London too...with those temps we may be glad of the ice rink! ( going to Ingolstadt, near Munich)
                            Last edited by Jay22; 06-08-2015, 08:42 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Are you trying to confuse me NVG? Dwarf bean plants produce the same size beans as climbing varieties - the plant itself is short.
                              No this plant is going mental. All over the bamboo canes that I put up to support them. Think my mix up must of happened when had some assistant. Think it must be my runner bean seed White Lady, I think that's its name, got planted instead of my dwarf bean seeds,
                              Last edited by Greenleaves; 06-08-2015, 08:47 PM. Reason: Fixing quote
                              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes re Mum. She is still in ITU but has managed to sit in a chair today and have a little to eat, first food for about 10 days. Small steps in a very long road I feel. Back to Suffolk tomorrow.
                                All in a a strange holiday, quite glad to be home. All washing done and ironing done too. Spent a couple of hours on the plot. Every year I am amazed by weed growth. Lots of veggies gone over but I have learnt over the years to cut my loses as clear them away, at least I don't have to look at them then. Will have another go tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X