No announcement yet.

Happy Anniversary Potty

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Anniversary from me too, wishing you both many more years together! Oh and love the story too!
    sigpic

Comment

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

1971 Top Of The

TV Shows
        Upstairs Downstairs - Columbo - Corrie - The Waltons - Alias Smith and Jones - McMillan & Wife

Music

Dawn - Knock 3 Times
        Rod Stewart - Maggie May
        T Rex - Hot Love
        George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
        Clive Dunn - Grandad

Cost of Living

Mars Bar 2p First Class Stamp 3p Pint of Milk 5p Pint of Beer 11p Gallon of Petrol 33p

There you go Mr & Mrs Potty how it was when you tied your knot.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thank you all once again, SWMBO has read through the thread and sends her thanks too. It encouraged her to get the album out so I have had to endure an hour of looking at pics.

Ah yes Lumpy I remember it well, but my favourite memory is even earlier when I paid 1s1d for my first pint in a night club. For those who don't understand pre decimal that's nearly 6p in todays money.
          Last edited by Potstubsdustbins; 20-06-2015, 03:59 PM. Reason: missed a bit
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

6p for a pint??????
            Carrie

Comment

Yep and cheaper in a pub, if I remember correctly it was 11d in the bar and 12d in the lounge. 12d or a shilling as it was called is 5 new pence.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Would have been only tenpence in't tap room then Potty.............'n tuppence for't crisps.......
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Rather belated congratulations from me to you both, we went to Spain that year......went Pontinential.....10 nights half board including flights and transfers £78

Comment

Belated Happy Anniversary. Love that you are still so happy together. Hope many more to come.

Comment

wow, 44 years ? congrats hope you had a great day.

Comment

Congratulations to you both! - its brilliant!
                        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                          Yep and cheaper in a pub, if I remember correctly it was 11d in the bar and 12d in the lounge. 12d or a shilling as it was called is 5 new pence.
                          Potty, whats 11d etc.?
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

11 old pence? Back then there were 240 pennies to the pound 12 pennies where a shilling or twentieth of a pound the equivalent of 5p in todays money. So 11 old pennies is about 4.4 new pence.

To make it really easy to understand 20 pints of beer for a pound with some change..... Sounds great doesn't it but in 1971 as a fully skilled plumber I was earning 50p and hour for the then standard 40 hour week I came out with less than £20 after stoppages. to top the £20 mark I had to do a 4.5 hour Saturday morning.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

If you were wondering about the 11d bit when decimalisation came in the government classed the new coins as pence and made the old pennies ds to save confusion.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
                                If you were wondering about the 11d bit when decimalisation came in the government classed the new coins as pence and made the old pennies ds to save confusion.
                                LOL the old pennies were always d's, as in denarius, as in lsd for pounds shillings and pence. I guess you're trolling the kids, Potty
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X