Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what is your favourite radio station?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a fairly recent convert to R4. I have to drive an hour to work and find the features programmes and dramas on there keep me interested for the whole journey. Working nights means that I'm returning home at 6am and love the Today programme.
    When at the lotty, I have a little solar powered/wind up radio which I listen to in the polytunnels. Its not loud enough to annoy the neighbours and I don't tend to listen to it when outside
    What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I like to listen to capital fm or kisstory(it plays all music from 90's and 00's)
      Carrie

Comment

Talksport or my local radiostation.
        local radios playlist is limmited to say the least lol but i like the local news etc.

Comment

Yes kisstory is where the money is. Enjoy listening to that. Having said that at the allotment I don't listen to music as I enjoy the calmness.

Comment

I listen to the radio in the car sometimes. I have smooth fm, magic and absolute tuned in and switch between them to miss adverts.

My favourite though, is LBC (London talk radio).
            On Thursday lunchtimes they have a show called 'The mystery hour'.
            It is absolutely fantastic and has a huge cult following. Anyone can phone in with a question that is bugging them....and listeners then phone in with the answer (no googling allowed).
            The programme is by turns fascinating and hilarious. There are some very highbrow regular callers...the professor of robotics at sussex (or is it surrey?) university, A Royal Navy captain and another chap from British aerospace and so on plus ordinary folk and the odd raving nutter!

Off the top of my head, question on the show have been;
            How far away is the horizon?
            If the tide is coming in at Dover...is the tide going out at Calais?
            Where did the phraze 'stone the crows' come from?
            Why does a person's bottom lip quiver when they're upset?
            Are police really allowed to comandeer your car to chase a villain?

You can get the shows 'catch-up' style on the computer by going to LBC and listening to podcasts so you don't have to be in London.
            Here is the link if you have some time...
            James O'Brien's Mystery Hour Podcast - Free | LBC
            Last edited by muddled; 14-06-2015, 11:32 AM.
            http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Believe it or not I only listen to LBC! Great chat and I agree with muddled James O'Briens mystery hour is fab!
              sigpic

Comment

6 music for me.
                Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Radio 2 or 5. Don't listen at the lottie as I like the quiet. Try to catch Terry Walton on R2.

Comment

I too like to listen to the garden/lottie... But there is a housing estate behind my house and for about 3 hours every Saturday and Sunday all through the summer there is an ice cream van playing out of tune Popeye. It drives me indoors and ruins the quiet enjoyment of my garden.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                      I too like to listen to the garden/lottie... But there is a housing estate behind my house and for about 3 hours every Saturday and Sunday all through the summer there is an ice cream van playing out of tune Popeye. It drives me indoors and ruins the quiet enjoyment of my garden.
                      I feel your pain, I live about 3/4 of a mile from my lottie and the estate I live on gets raided daily by 3 different Ice Cream vans, all within about an hour odd as it is. So I get a rendition of Match of the day and 2 other awful out of tune vans following each other around for a few hours per day, drives you round the twist.

I feel sorry for the parents though, it's bad enough with one van getting your kids screaming for ice cream, but 2 more following it about half an hour apart?
                      Life should be more like Bonsai...

Comment

To be quite honest, the 3 hours of Popeye are annoying but it could be mediated if they came up our road and I could have an ice cream. The stuff they sell in the supermarket isn't a patch on a Mr whippy. But they don't. They're losing a very large clientele. They stick to the housing estates. Other roads have people with children and adults who like ice cream.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

Birdsong radio internet only .
                          Brings the outside inside .
                          Advertising brakes make me jump .

Comment

Lets go to the beach I said to my wife on a recent trip to St ives, we can relax to the sound of the surf, the gulls and the children squeeling and playing in the sea.
                            Just as we had set up the wind break and our chairs a gang of pimpled yobs turned on a ghetto blaster the size of a wheel barrow just behind us, playing some god awful head banging rubbish.Then a flurry of Mcdonald packages began to blow round our feet. The final straw was a torrent of foul and disgusting language shouted at full volume. Now i am not a wimp, but i am not stupid either and there were six of them, so we packed up and left. But in my mind i was imagining the St Ives Heralds headlines for the next day as " Crowds cheer as 67 year old pensioner force feeds thugs with parts of smashed ghetto blaster.
                            I am strictly a radio 4 man.
                            photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Radio 4 addict but have to use catch up for programmes that I miss at the allotment, prefer the birds when there.
                              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                                I only listen to the radio in the car. When I'm outside I like to hear the birds singing, and bees and insects buzzing around. In the house I like it quiet.
                                Me too, though the station in the car is usually the one the kids left me with as son no2 has a wide taste in music, from classic to rock with some jazz in the middle it's pot luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X