No announcement yet.

Gooseberries: love 'em or hate 'em?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year was my first crop of homegrown red goosegogs and they were yummy. This year I've also bought a green bush so I can use them for cooking. Anyone have any comments on the yellow variety, taste wise etc?
    Remember it's just a bad day, not a bad life 😁

Comment

I like all fruit - including gooseberries - but not tomatoes (if you want to class them as a fruit) This is somewhat unfortunate as I have 25 tomato plants in the poly tunnel !!

Comment

I like them although the only thing we seem to use them for is making wine ����
        All my projects including my brewing adventures!

www.make-your-own.info

Comment

The gooseberry season seems so short, and you are lucky to see them in the shops, and they are hard green cookers, not the sort of thing to encourage popularity.

I love gooseberries, even though you need to wear a full suit of armour to approach the bushes, favourites are fool, crumble, jam, and best of all, ice cream -

Gooseberry and Elderflower Ice Cream - Gooseberry Recipes - Recipes - from Delia Online
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Oh what goosegog ice cream - never heard of it. Ta for that
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X