No announcement yet.

I'm supposed to be on a budget!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like looking at online sites and in mags because when I see something I either like or want I then have to figure out a way to get something similar by cobbling various free bits and pieces together.
    That is ho I ended up with my strawberries in tyres, I spotted one of those huge Victorian planter things, nearly fainted at the price and decided that with my limited space I needed to improvise.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Just check first you can sell your produce- it's usually in the T&C of the rental contract that you can't! '
      no rental or benefits,all ours every brick,we are on a fairly busy road school and shops runs,last year people asked if i had any cue's so this year i have,the kids like pumpkins,the garden pearl toms were also in demand,

thats the way to do it VC,we then end up with a designer 1 off,
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 18-05-2015, 05:29 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        no rental or benefits,all ours every brick,we are on a fairly busy road school and shops runs,last year people asked if i had any cue's so this year i have,the kids like pumpkins,the garden pearl toms were also in demand,

thats the way to do it VC,we then end up with a designer 1 off,

We'd be fine too - my parents are the landlords :-) Might give that a try! Just need to get some bits actually growing!!
        Come and say Hello over at Charlotte Musha

Comment

You do NOT have to buy pots either,for things like toms,buy the cheap whit plastic chuck aways,write the name of the plant and variety on the pot,for beans save any suitable container,ice cream,mushroom ext,for labels cut up the ice cream/marge ext lids,smaller pots that are deep enough for beans,some peeps only want a few plants,or for the kids to grow,i plan on putting mine out anytime now,that reminds me,i have a few left over brasica plants that can go out,
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Thank you folks- had a rubbish week at work and this thread has really made me chuckle.
            goodluck mushaville and there's nothing wrong with planning and dreaming!
            Gardening forever, housework whenever!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X