No announcement yet.

I've Sprung A Leak!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6ft deep water exerts a bearing pressure on the surface containing it of around 17.5 psi.

BMs idea of the puncture repair kit could be worth trying, assuming you can get it to bond to the plastic
    Last edited by out in the cold; 03-05-2015, 10:31 PM.
    Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Thank you everyone.
      Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
      Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

#16 Actually the pressure of 17.98psi would be correct if you were a diver underwater, but in this instance you do not add the atmospheric pressure 14.7psi into the calculation because atmospheric pressure is also playing on the outside surface of the water butt. Therefore the pressure you are trying to cope with is a mere 2.598psi half that if your butt is like mine and only 3ft high.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
          #16 Actually the pressure of 17.98psi would be correct if you were a diver underwater, but in this instance you do not add the atmospheric pressure 14.7psi into the calculation because atmospheric pressure is also playing on the outside surface of the water butt. Therefore the pressure you are trying to cope with is a mere 2.598psi half that if your butt is like mine and only 3ft high.
          My but is about 3 foot high and can be prone to pressure releases now and again especially after eating fartichokes!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            For a crack of that nature, I'd be tempted to get a red hot knife and scrape some of the plastic over the crack to seal it..........It may be worth a go before you part with any cash.
            I agree with Mallly, I would try a hot blade over a crack like that, before doing the unforgivable and parting with cash
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Let us know how you get on. I've got a hole in one of my ibc's
              What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
              Pumpkin pi.

Comment

I've a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza...
                Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Originally posted by out in the cold View Post
                  I've a hole in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza...
                  If your name is Hendry you should fix it
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    If your name is Hendry you should fix it
                    Or Henry...................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X