• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too am so sorry Kirsty, most sad
    big hugs
    xx

Comment

Poor you Kirsty! Good luck with all the clearing up. What a shame about your Banty.

Thinking of you

Terry
      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I have been away for several days and just found your thread...I am so sorry to hear what have had happened... If it really done by some kids, it will be very hard to imagine what sort of kids are they ( or more likely a monster ? ). Be strong Kirsty. I am sure the girls will recover soon.

Momol
        I grow, I pick, I eat ...

Comment

Thanks Guys, you have all been great.

Been down to see them this morning and they were in pretty good spirits, eating and one has laid. Run really muddy what with the rain and fire hoses that have been about lately. Have been and bought all new food, grit and straw. Also got the girls some poultry spice to go in their food as a bit of a tonic for them to help. They also got a tub of dried mealworms as a treat for being so good.
          Just waiitng for Steve to get dressed then we are going down to see what can be done now I'm not as emotional as I was last night. Still a bit sad though, but it could've been worse.

Kirsty
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Glad to hear that they (and you) are doing okay. Hope they find out what caused the fire.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Oh no, how awful. I really hope they catch the little s***s responsible and punish them rather than just saying dont do it again. You take good care, carry on and show the world you will keep going no matter what. Thoughts and all best wishes are with you. Big hugs, Sue
              Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

All I can Say is Sorry....but if you look on the bright side you only lost one not the whole lot..
                My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

So sorry to hear your news kirsty. I'm sure that you'll soon have a lovely new house for your chooks to live in - a s**t way to get the project underway though. Bernie
                  Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Not so horrible anymore

Every cloud....
                    I have built the girls a nice new house And they helped by not tripping me up as I moved around the run working on it. The base is a pallet, I had some wooden boxes which are now nests, the sides are the triangular ends of an old ark, all I had to buy were a few packs of tongue and groove to clad the rectangular bits. (have taken pics of construction process to go on blog) Did a lot by myself, but Steve helped with the tricky bits.
                    I now have a nice bottle of red that I'm going to have a nice big glass of in the bath while I try to wash woodstain off my arms. They have settled in straight away, all over the shock if the way they have been scrapping and scoffing is anything to go by!
                    Much more optimistic than I was 24hrs ago, it could have been worse and losing the sheds means more growing space for next year and much more run space for the girls.
                    Kirsty b xx

Comment

Glad you've perked up kirstyb and that your "girls" seem to have settled in to their new home so quickly.
                      Rat

British by birth
                      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

You certainly have worked hard today kirsty - lucky girls, sounds like their new accommodation is the "bees knees". Bernie
                        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Glad to hear that you and your girls are feeling better. New pad sounds great.
                          Take care
                          Bright Blessings
                          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Sorry to hear your awful news Kirsty, I'm glad you're recovering now. I'm always amazed at how resilient chickens can be, in some ways they are so fragile but for them, every day is a new day, and I think we can all learn something from that! Well done for getting the new pad built, is there a flame retardent you can paint on the outside?

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Glad you're feeling better Kirsty & the new henhouse sounds great.Hope the hens are getting back to normal, keep your pecker up!
                              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your news, mate. Had one or two of those sorts of days in the past, but don't talk about them. Keep smiling through

Zebedee
                                "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X