No announcement yet.

Spring equinox

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was only using a shoebox pinhole camera but for me it was still exciting! I didn't get the pics at the best defined moments as I was too busy looking!

The clouds started to clear just in time to see most of the eclipse here in Bucks, if you want to have a look I posted a couple here

Comment

It got quite dark and cold here in the west of Ireland, I was hoping for stars but I suppose that only happens when it's a total eclipse I think it was 98 percent here. The sky was clear.

Great photos everyone, I tried to take a photo too but failed dismally, the sun still looked like the sun in my pictures even when it was eclipsed!
      The best things in life are not things.

Comment

Can't wait for the moon tonight, hope to try and get some good pictures of it
        Carrie

Comment

It's a new moon tonight, so I don't think there will be anything to get a picture of?

Comment

Ah right, I thought it was the super moon where it gets big.
            Carrie

Comment

I think supermoon just means the moon is very close to Earth and so appears huge
              ...thing is, it's a new moon so you'd only see a tiny smile as opposed to a full moon supermoon when it's a giant 'ball' in the sky ?
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Solar eclipse, Supermoon, Spring equinox: Friday will see three rare celestial events - Science - News - The Independent

That's why I was asking.
                Carrie

Comment

Ah yes....I can understand- it's misleading using the more spectacular one

Quote....
                  "A Supermoon, or perigee moon, happens when the full or new moon does its closest fly-by of the Earth, making it look bigger than it normally does."

A photo of a new moon would be much less interesting...pretty though!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Clear sky's in Nottingham most of the time so had a good view using my arc welding helmet.

I did learn though that when SWMBO is wearing said helmet that that is not the time to say "Your looking good this morning sweetheart" My ears are still ringing.
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I use to live in Nottingham.

Ah is that what it is going to look like. Why put a misleading picture in if it's not going to turn out like that.
                      Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X