Garden Grabbing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Grabbing

Just trawling the BBC Wales news website and I came across this little snippet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6744797.stm

I wasn't too sure where to place this, so I hope General Chit Chat will do. Not long ago I really couldn't care a less what happened to our garden...Pave it over and turn it into a big patio was my viewpoint. Fortunately my dear heart Shirley and this forum has changed that viewpoint. Just a bit..!!

It is about gardens having brown field status amongst councils and developers, and how a property with a generous garden is bought by a developer - then demolished and 14 little shoeboxes built on the site. In any event, it makes worrying but thought provoking reading.
    Let's go diggin' dirt....

Big silver bird, come land low and slow
    Cut your engines, cool your wings,
    You've taken me home...

It's happening a lot around here in Coulsdon - half the recent house sales of detached properties are now semi-s!

Terry
    The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Round here in Preston they are building new houses with three storeys so they can put more actual "houses" on the site! Bernie
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

It's a big thing round here too, because we're within commuting distance of Leeds & Bradford house prices are pretty silly, so people want to cash in. It's happening just round the corner - big houses with big gardens and 3 of them in last year have sold half the garden and are now building sites... People don't seem to take on board the impact this has, not only visually, but with less gardens to soak up this torrential rain, it adds to flooding problems. The common practice of concreting the garden over to make parking spaces doesn't help either. I think the RHS is involved in the campaigning to curb both of these practices.

Comment

Its all about £££££££££££££££££££££
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X