No announcement yet.

The Art Of Dunking

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I say that anything soft and floppy, with bits falling off, does not appeal to me.

I don't like dunking biscuits either.

Comment

My tea is drunk very hot and with milk. Rich Tea maximum dunking time for me is 'one mississippi, two mississippi'. Any more than that and there's a disappointing absence of biscuit when I try and remove it from its dunk. With a correspondingly disappointing presence of soggy mush at the bottom of the mug.

I don't do standing time. I'm too greedy.

I rarely dunk anything else, not even my home made biscotti, though probably I should embrace a bigger range of dunking options.
      Last edited by sparrow100; 24-02-2015, 01:20 PM.
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

At least with Rich Tea, it sinks to the bottom so you can still finish your drink.............now custard creams, they are a totally different ball game, drop one of them in and it morphs itself into the drink...........
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Never mind all that dunking, have you tried the Tim Tam slam as practised in Australia.

How to Do the Tim Tam Slam: 6 Steps - wikiHow

I did it with a Penguin bar (similar to a TimTam) and a not too hot coffee. I know it sounds really odd but I loved it

Edited to add:

Sorry Martin, I looked to check if anyone had mentioned Tim Tam Slam but couldn't see one, obviously didn't look hard enough
          Last edited by scarey55; 24-02-2015, 04:06 PM.
          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
            ..But I do like to do that thing with Tim Tams where you bite off diagonally opposite corners....
            I've never heard of Tim Tams and had to goggle them

Arnott's Australia : Products

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskelle...lam#.erKoQP94x
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

I have to confess I stopped dunking biscuits when I stopped putting milk in tea and coffee. It just doesn't taste the same. But by far the best value for dunking, after ginger nuts, were choc digestives. Dunk twice and lick off chocolate, then dunk again. 3 dunks for one
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Dunking doesn't have to stop at biscuits. When in France, I love dipping pieces of crusty baguette (buttered, butter-and-jammed or just plain) into the vast bowls of milky coffee or hot chocolate you can still get served with for breakfast. No residue (apart from a thin greasy film on the drink) and cannot be beaten imho.
                My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

When I was a tot, I used to lerve dunking Jam & Bread............Sounds weird but was delish.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Noosner View Post
                    Dunking doesn't have to stop at biscuits. When in France, I love dipping pieces of crusty baguette (buttered, butter-and-jammed or just plain) into the vast bowls of milky coffee or hot chocolate you can still get served with for breakfast. No residue (apart from a thin greasy film on the drink) and cannot be beaten imho.
                    Ooooo, I had forgotten my days of croissant dunked in milky coffee. I will have to have that soon. Hopefully it won't be like watching childhood programmes that just leave you thinking 'Why?'

Ok in a league to dunking, who mops their sauce on dinner plates? I can imaginine some grapes squirming already.
                    Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 24-02-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Hungs head in embarrassment, takes deep breath and..........OK I'm a mopper upper if I get the chance.

I have the genetic inability to waste good food and freely admit to liking marmite scrammbled eggs, cheese and marmalade sandwiches and cold baked bean butties.

Question for someone to answer - why do us dunkers only dunk sweet biscuits, why not savoury ones?
                      Oh poop I now have the urge to make coffee and raid the savoury crackers in the pantry to see how they taste, wilt, soggify etc.
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                        Question for someone to answer - why do us dunkers only dunk sweet biscuits, why not savoury ones?
                        Cos the cheese'll fall off..............

Comment

BM Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear! No hope, nil, nada, nowt.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

What?................Cheese & Biscuits, ye canny beat 'em.

Comment

I am not normally a dunker simply because I usually stick to chocolate or chocolate biscuits. However, last week I somehow ran out of chocolate and after a good soak in the bath I curled up on the settee with a cup of tea and a packet of ginger nuts. None of the biscuits fell apart in my tea.

However a piece of advice.

Do not wear onesie pyjamas when dunking!................Whatever falls inside spreads everywhere!

Comment

I suppose you could try savoury biscuits with soft spreadable cheese as a dunker. At least the cheese won't slide off.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X